Top of the Hill, San Francisco

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited December 16, 2009 in Landscapes
737007746_F9Uht-XL-1.jpg

Look east and you can view Coit Tower. Look north and you can see Alcatraz Island. Look west and notice the Muni bus bearing down on you...

737010795_d8HqA-XL-1.jpg

View of Coit Tower from the middle of Lombard Street, the "Crookedest Street in the World". Even better than driving down this is going south two blocks and driving down Filbert Street, which is the steepest street in the city.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    You were definitely here on a good day! I love the tops of SF hills and this one is one of the best to catch iconic landmarks.

I don't think I've ever seen Lombard St so empty before lol3.gif
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    I was hoping to find Alcatraz and Coit Tower at a ninety degree angle at this intersection but was off by about a block on Coit Tower and the correct spot was not on the top of a hill and had a poor view of Alcatraz. I had hoped to take the shot from the dead center of the intersection with both sites visible.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day in the City, the same day that the mountains around the Bay Area got dusted with snow. The photo op on Lombard Street was a bonus -- I was stopped in my car shooting from my driver's seat with no cars in front or behind.