Waning Crescent Moon

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited December 11, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Caught this while out shooting the sunrise this am.

737462766_cLkWp-L.jpg

C&C always appreciated.
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    Far out!
    Growing with Dgrin

• SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    I like it The square format and the positioning of the moon in the frame work well. Also there's enough clarity to show some of the moon's detail.

I've never tried this type of shot before but would like to give it a go (if we ever get a clear sky here in the Uk!). What settings did you use?
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    very nice, love the details and very well framed thumb.gif
    Devin
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    leaforte wrote:
    Far out!

Thanks leaforte.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
    edited December 11, 2009
    I like it The square format and the positioning of the moon in the frame work well. Also there's enough clarity to show some of the moon's detail.

I've never tried this type of shot before but would like to give it a go (if we ever get a clear sky here in the Uk!). What settings did you use?

Thanks Syncopation. This was shot in Milton Keynes just before sunrise a couple of days ago. It was shot @ f8, 1/25 sec and ISO 200.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

edited December 11, 2009
    00SS wrote:
    very nice, love the details and very well framed thumb.gif
    Thanks Devin.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page