Sunrise at Caldecote Lake

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited December 16, 2009 in Landscapes
Here are some from this morning's sunrise at Caldecote South Lake, one of many lakes we have round here.

C&C always appreciated.

737463827_iX5B5-L.jpg

737469180_JEeh5-L.jpg

737471616_ar2EW-L.jpg

737473421_njeUE-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    This is quite a beautiful locations and the colors in the sky are just fantastic!

I think my favorite is the last. Great use of silhouettes here.
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    This is quite a beautiful locations and the colors in the sky are just fantastic!

I think my favorite is the last. Great use of silhouettes here.
    Thanks Schmoo. You wouldn't know from the images that about 1/4 mile away is a major road, and you can barely hear the traffic when you're there.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    AndMan wrote:
    Here are some from this morning's sunrise at Caldecote South Lake, one of many lakes we have round here.

Really enjoyed these. But . . . where is here? I have never heard of Caldecote South Lake. I am in the US and from the way you wrote a date on your other current thread I have a feeling you are not.

Jane B.
    edited December 15, 2009
    Jane B. wrote:
    Really enjoyed these. But . . . where is here? I have never heard of Caldecote South Lake. I am in the US and from the way you wrote a date on your other current thread I have a feeling you are not.

Jane B.

Jane, thanks for taking the time to comment I really appreciate it.
    Caldecote South Lake (or Caldecote Lake South) is one of 7 lakes we have within the town limits of Milton Keynes UK. They were all planned in to the city as "balancing lakes" to limit flooding from the river that runs through the town. MK (as its known around here) is just 40 years old and is similar to most US towns as it is built on a grid system. Not only did they plan in the lakes they planned in almost 20 parks, with some linear ones running for 3+ miles.
    Not a bad place to live, particularly if you have a camera :D.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Nice sunrise. I hate doing C&C as it seems the majority of the photos are always better than mine, but you asked for it :D . Anyway, I like the last photo the most. It draws you in and having the neat plant in the shot helps fill up some of the empty space. The first shot is the next one that I like. I like how you captured the moon, but I would have cropped down the sky just a little which would still keep the horizon from being too much in the middle I think. #2 is OK but nothing caught my interest and #3 is too blown out for me and horizon is too centered. But, #4 is a winner for me. Well done.
    edited December 16, 2009
    Ridgetop wrote:
    Nice sunrise. I hate doing C&C as it seems the majority of the photos are always better than mine, but you asked for it :D . Anyway, I like the last photo the most. It draws you in and having the neat plant in the shot helps fill up some of the empty space. The first shot is the next one that I like. I like how you captured the moon, but I would have cropped down the sky just a little which would still keep the horizon from being too much in the middle I think. #2 is OK but nothing caught my interest and #3 is too blown out for me and horizon is too centered. But, #4 is a winner for me. Well done.
    Ridgetop, thanks for taking the time for detailed feedback I appreciate it.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page