Sunset at Willen Lake North 06/12

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited December 17, 2009 in Landscapes
Some from sunset a few days ago. Tried some more aggressive processing with a couple of these including hdr to try and smothe the rather choppy water.

Any C&C always appreciated.

737505912_rdfaR-L.jpg

737506983_ikoyT-L.jpg

737507618_ZC9zz-L.jpg

737508798_zL5Qz-L.jpg

737509854_kPjSE-L.jpg

737504610_pEL69-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    Love the smooth water in the third and fifth ones.
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback Allan.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 14, 2009
    I love seeing the color in the sky. Smooth water is a bonus.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited December 15, 2009
    ian408 wrote:
    I love seeing the color in the sky. Smooth water is a bonus.
    Have to say I'm the same Ian, but the water was so choppy that night I wanted to see what I could do to improve it in post.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    AndMan wrote:
    Some from sunset a few days ago. Tried some more aggressive processing with a couple of these including hdr to try and smothe the rather choppy water.

Any C&C always appreciated.

Just a question — where were these taken? And from the amount of date you put in your title I am not sure if you are saying they were taken June 12 or December 6! The style of writing dates does vary from country to country (here in the US we would write 12/06/09 for December 6, 2009)

Thanks for some beautiful shots when ever / where ever they were taken.

Jane B.
    edited December 15, 2009
    Jane B. wrote:
    Just a question — where were these taken? And from the amount of date you put in your title I am not sure if you are saying they were taken June 12 or December 6! The style of writing dates does vary from country to country (here in the US we would write 12/06/09 for December 6, 2009)

Thanks for some beautiful shots when ever / where ever they were taken.

Jane B.

Jane, thanks for taking the time to make such kind comments. These were taken in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK on December 6th (we're a bit backward over hererolleyes1.gif).
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Wow! I used to go shopping in Milton Keynes when I was stationed in England in mid-80s. I lived in Buckingham. Your post brings back memories for sure. As for the shots, I like #5 the best. The sky is nice in all of them but I like the smooth water best in #5.

Hope to see more of your work--

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited December 16, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Wow! I used to go shopping in Milton Keynes when I was stationed in England in mid-80s. I lived in Buckingham. Your post brings back memories for sure. As for the shots, I like #5 the best. The sky is nice in all of them but I like the smooth water best in #5.

Hope to see more of your work--

Lauren
    Lauren, thanks for taking the time to comment. #5 turned out pretty good, its amazing what selective extreme motion bur can do.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• burntpixelburntpixel Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    AndMan wrote:
    Tried some more aggressive processing with a couple of these including hdr to try and smothe the rather choppy water.
    If at all possible get right in camera. A GND (graduated neutral density) filter will help achieve smooth water while exposing for the sky. You see this a lot with water falls to make them silky smooth.

Nice shots. Also, some nice pano's in your gallery. I shoot with a sigma 8mm fisheye to create virtual tours.

If you would like help with the GND just let me know.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    I just looked at your galleries--you do have some interesting panos. And I really like your shots of Old Faithful--good captures of the eruption!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited December 17, 2009
    burntpixel wrote:
    If at all possible get right in camera. A GND (graduated neutral density) filter will help achieve smooth water while exposing for the sky. You see this a lot with water falls to make them silky smooth.

Nice shots. Also, some nice pano's in your gallery. I shoot with a sigma 8mm fisheye to create virtual tours.

If you would like help with the GND just let me know.

Normally I would have used an ND or a GND to smooth the water. Unfortunately I didn't have them with me, this was a completely unplanned stop after I'd been out looking for "street" images and saw that the sunset was showing potential.

Thanks for the kind comment on the pano's in my gallery, I'm still working on getting them right - I lose more than I achieve.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

edited December 17, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I just looked at your galleries--you do have some interesting panos. And I really like your shots of Old Faithful--good captures of the eruption!
    Thanks Lauren.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page