Spectacles!

Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
edited July 22, 2005 in People
Hello, folks!
I just wanted to say a brief 'hi' to you all, and, most importantly, to show off my new glass... erm, I mean glasses! :D

Take a look:
DSC_1972.jpg

I must say that it was pretty hard to focus the goddamn camera, especially when you're aiming for some DOF play. I found it is much easier to do it when you're looking through the viewfinder! :rofl

So that's it, people!
Thanks so much for viewing!
I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you guys (and gals) at the shootout next year!

Take care!

-- thiago

Comments

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    Hi Thiago,

Not that you aren't a handsome guy and all but what happened to all those beautiful portraits you used to post? You haven't posted in ages. Nice to see you around...
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    Hey there Eric!
    4labs wrote:
    Hi Thiago,

Not that you aren't a handsome guy and all but what happened to all those beautiful portraits you used to post? You haven't posted in ages. Nice to see you around...
    Thanks for your kind compliments and concern, good friend.

Yeah, I haven't posted here in a long time because I unfortunately haven't been taking as many pictures as I wanted. Life's been a mess, I've actually had some mild depression and all. Sure, it's all my fault, and now that I'm getting back on the tracks I even realize the lack of pictures might have helped bringing me down. But enough babbling about life, heheh... :D

Let me tell you that I've already started looking for new subjects to portray and well, I thought it would be nice if I was the first of them, since this is my first day wearing glasses and I'm liking myself a lot more than before. :):

Anyways, it's REALLY nice to be back!
    Thanks so much for your attention!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited July 22, 2005
    Lookin good Thiago thumb.gifthumb.gif

At first I kinda thought that I'd like this shot better if it had more DOF. After looking at it a few more times, I like it as shot clap.gif

As someone whose life seems to being heading downwards fast, I sympathize with your plight. I hope you are on the upswing and, as mentioned, we've missed your contributions.

Keep your chin up and a smile on your face :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    Hey Steve!
    Thanks for your kind words, man!
    I thought exactly the same about the DOF, it ended up looking cool when I saw the photo on the computer.

And about life... well, it has its 'downs' every once in a while, doesn't it? But worry not because I'm starting to just have a good time, just like I used to! :): I'm actually looking for models right now, let's see what I can find! :D

Again, thanks so much for your attention!
    Hope *your* life brings you some pleasant surprises!
    Take care!

-- thiago