Options

My attempt at #39; Any thoughts or C&C?

slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
edited December 11, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've had this idea for days now & finally had a little bit of time to try it. I would certainly appreciate any thoughts or feedback anyone could offer. I could re-shoot maybe Saturday or Sunday if needed.

I'm thinking of naming this one "Remnants" and I have several different versions. Is the idea a decent one? Which one do you think works best? I would be so grateful for any feedback on any of these.

737506669_UeTsX-M.jpg

737508092_MDct3-M.jpg

737509767_HUsmn-M.jpg

737514950_EhNNw-M.jpg

737512063_Dc6JA-M.jpg

For this idea, I was thinking of naming it "Choices." Is this idea better than the first one? I have different color paper options (& maybe some that isn't foil to be so darned reflective!). Should I try those? Any other feedback always appreciated.

737524480_438et-M.jpg

737526585_rMMW8-M.jpg

Thanks so much for taking a look and a BIG thank you to anyone who takes the time to leave a comment.

Sherry

ps: I shot these using natural light in the late afternoon. I want to try morning light if I have a chance.:D

Comments

• Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    Nice series. I like the vivid color, sharpness, and the contrast of the last one (#7).
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    edited December 10, 2009
    Thank you Allan. My daughter likes #6, my Mom likes #1 &#4. I also like #7 the best of this bunch, but think I like the 'idea' of the first set better. I just didn't 'quite' get what I thought I wanted.

Thanks again.

Sherry
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    I like the closer perspective in #6. I think the first set is a bit busy and disordered.
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    I also prefer the closer perspective of #6, but I can see Allen's point about the sharpness of #7, maybe reshoot ne_nau.gif.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    I also enjoy #7. Something about it (besides the sharpness) seems a little bit more comfortable to me... might be the distance from/size of the rolls.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2009
    Thanks to Whatshesaw, Andman, & Kinkajou for your comments. I guess the first set is too cluttered (maybe that's what was bothering me that I couldn't put my finger on). I may try that again this weekend if I have time, with less scraps & maybe a little different composition.

It looks like #7 is the winner from this bunch, so I may also try that one again to see if I can get it a little better.

Thanks again.
    Sherry
  • Options
    ChaoslillithChaoslillith Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    How does it fit the paper or plastic theme? They are great pictures but not sure how they fit into paper or plastic.

Just asking.
    Photography teaches us to observe again. Me.
    I am in AZ and would love to meet others from Phoenix.
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    #6 for methumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    It's a toss up between 6 and 7 for me
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2009
    How does it fit the paper or plastic theme? They are great pictures but not sure how they fit into paper or plastic.

Just asking.

Everything you see in each of the pictures is gift wrapping paper. One of the pictures has a little bit of tissue paper visible. It's 100% all paper. I guess I thought that hit the theme dead on, lol. mwink.gif

Thanks Aaron & Karin. I appreciate the feedback.

Sherry