Options

Baby Workout

zach30345zach30345 Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited December 13, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Hi this is a shot I took in CT a few months ago and I am wondering what you think you guys think of, I'm not sure if it works or not.

4175009443_7a861f45cc_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    Not sure what you are going for in terms of the shot working, but it looks like a baby workout to me. :D

I can't really find the focal point of the image...it all looks a little blurry. Maybe too slow of a shutter speed on this one.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    This shot's biggest problem is distance. Had you gotten much closer, and filled the frame with the participants, you'd have much more. The subject is great and was definitely well seen but, in the words of the great B.D. (:D ), you needed to work it much more. thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 11, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    This shot's biggest problem is distance. Had you gotten much closer, and filled the frame with the participants, you'd have much more. The subject is great and was definitely well seen but, in the words of the great B.D. (:D ), you needed to work it much more. thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif, but you might be able to improve what you got by cropping it quite a bit. The four women are the story and everything else can go if you want.
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009

Really great potential, unfortunately not realized.
    Yes, as some have noted, cropping will help quite a bit. But this was one of those situations where you needed to push yourself and get close, wide, and low. It should have been shot from quite close to the, uh, largish woman on the end, with a wide lens, taking in the line of women. But you do get allot of points for seeing that you really had something here.clap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    zach30345zach30345 Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    thank you all for the comments, and sorry its finals week and that is why i havent really replied but thanks for the comments