Options

Singapore at Night

CrankyTexanCrankyTexan Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited December 12, 2009 in Street and Documentary
Some street shots from my trip to Singapore.

192892810_qJyNR-XL.jpg

192893733_P2Zin-L.jpg

190556014_ANMyS-L.jpg

190556011_vKuLa-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    190556011_vKuLa-Th.jpg

is very nice.

192892810_qJyNR-Th.jpg

is sort of a boring composition and has camera shake or focus problems or both. The text on that monument has promise, but it doesn't save this shot.

192893733_P2Zin-Th.jpg

is a nice use of a very old technique. I remember from when I was a kid (and dinosaurs ruled the earth) there were postcards from almost every big city of night scenes with car traces and landmarks clear as a bell. I'd play with cropping a bit to fine tune the composition. I wish the person walking away in the lower left were much closer and walking toward us.

190556014_ANMyS-Th.jpg

Almost. Sharpness is a bourgeois concept, but I want something in focus on this one so it doesn't look like a cell phone pix from a wild party, "Wish you were here."
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    CrankyTexanCrankyTexan Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 12, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    190556011_vKuLa-Th.jpg

is very nice.

192892810_qJyNR-Th.jpg

is sort of a boring composition and has camera shake or focus problems or both. The text on that monument has promise, but it doesn't save this shot.

192893733_P2Zin-Th.jpg

is a nice use of a very old technique. I remember from when I was a kid (and dinosaurs ruled the earth) there were postcards from almost every big city of night scenes with car traces and landmarks clear as a bell. I'd play with cropping a bit to fine tune the composition. I wish the person walking away in the lower left were much closer and walking toward us.

190556014_ANMyS-Th.jpg

Almost. Sharpness is a bourgeois concept, but I want something in focus on this one so it doesn't look like a cell phone pix from a wild party, "Wish you were here."

Thanks for your critique. I've got a million photos while I was in Singapore and I think I may have some that address your concerns.