B&W Conversions

DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
edited July 21, 2005 in Finishing School
I've been training these lately, and made a collage, tell me which ones do you prefer. The top right one is just a bit of retouching, nevermind it. The middle right one is the original, unfortunately not mine, found it in the web, sorry and best wishes to the owner, hope you don't mind :

choose_bucket.jpg

Comments

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    I like the bottom right, although I might try to lighten the right side of her face slightly. The others look too harsh to me. My amateur $0.02
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I like the bottom right, although I might try to lighten the right side of her face slightly. The others look too harsh to me. My amateur $0.02
    You're not the first one who says that, which shocks me, because the bottom right one is just.... desaturate...
    The others looked probably harsher and more contrasty before compression... made by photobucket... can anyone recommend a better free site?
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    I also like the bottom right shot the best. The others seem to loose to many of the highlights. I know it's not your shot but I still think it is kind of a wierd pose, it looks so unnatural to me. IMHO

BTW I've tried at least 5 different free photo hosting sites and finally switched to SmugMug because I couldn't take the frustration of the free sites anymore.

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    I also like the bottom right shot the best. The others seem to loose to many of the highlights. I know it's not your shot but I still think it is kind of a wierd pose, it looks so unnatural to me. IMHO

BTW I've tried at least 5 different free photo hosting sites and finally switched to SmugMug because I couldn't take the frustration of the free sites anymore.

Nick
    I gues it's just me... I like contrast and bright whites and deep blacks, often at the cost of some detail. My favourite is the top left, totally manual conversion.