high key?

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in People
Is this shot considered high key.. if so what are your thoughts on it..
C&C please
Court
DSC00131.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• ontherivetontherivet Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    I'm not sure why it matters if it's high key. I think the focus should be on the image and you captured a nice moment, high key or not. You did lose separation on the edges of the subject but it doesn't detract from the impact of the expression, which is really quite nice.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    It's a cute photo, but I wouldn't consider it high-key. Just do a google search about high key images and look at some samples online.

While this photo is very cute, it just has a white background and due to the b&w the skin looks white-ish ...ne_nau.gif
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    Thanks for the comments.. it didn't matter to me if it was high key.. i wasn't' going for it when I took the picture however if it was considered high key then I was thinking about using it in one of the assignments.
    Thanks again!! :D
    Courtney
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I think it's definitely high key. The subject's skin tones are the darkest tones in the image. Fits my criteria.

It's also a great moment and expression.
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I think it's definitely high key. The subject's skin tones are the darkest tones in the image. Fits my criteria.

I agree
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009

Thank you! :D
    Courtney
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    high-key is a difficult beast; Everyone seems to use a different definition/explanation of what high-key is headscratch.gif