EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in Landscapes
A few more from our last outing...

738017494_Wfc8G-XL.jpg

738017253_Xn9Hk-XL.jpg

Comments

• toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    stunning images, I really like the contrast you have obtained here in both your photos and the shadows on the mountain in the first are great.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    thumb.gif Nice. It's not easy getting good shots of our desert mountains, but these are very good Eia.

I just purchased Nik Define 2.0. Check it outmwink.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    toadlet wrote:
    stunning images, I really like the contrast you have obtained here in both your photos and the shadows on the mountain in the first are great.

Thanks for your comment; The shadows in the first was very dramatic to see!
    edited December 12, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    thumb.gif Nice. It's not easy getting good shots of our desert mountains, but these are very good Eia.

I just purchased Nik Define 2.0. Check it outmwink.gif
    Thanks Dan for the comment. Unfortunately I do not have Photo Shop and assume that its a plug in for that program? When I sharpen the desert landscape with saguaro it makes them look like twigs. I've sharpened the snowy mountain a bit:

739265672_ufsQV-XL.jpg
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Define 2.0 is an excellent noise reduction program with U-point technology to do selective noise reduction. Mine is a plugin for Aperture, but I think you can get it as a stand alone as well.
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Very nice. Both of them thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
    edited December 13, 2009
    Very nice. Both of them thumb.gif

Hey - thanks for the comment.....
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    I just love the first one with so many contrasting layers! Gorgeous and unexpected to see snow in the desert. Does this happen every year? ear.gif
    edited December 14, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    I just love the first one with so many contrasting layers! Gorgeous and unexpected to see snow in the desert. Does this happen every year? ear.gif

Thanks Schmoo! We get snow in the deserts now and again; not often, just when the cycle comes around... to allow the snow to go below 5000 feet.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 14, 2009
    Great shots, Eia. It's amazing how a little snow can make you feel like you're in Colorado or somewhere. You got some good light and skies. I can't believe how many saguaros you folks have out that way!
    edited December 14, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Great shots, Eia. It's amazing how a little snow can make you feel like you're in Colorado or somewhere. You got some good light and skies. I can't believe how many saguaros you folks have out that way!

Thanks for the comment Joel. Yea, we get a bit crazy and giddy when we get a dust of snow in the desert -don't we! I still want to see the snow on top of the cactus!