Stats

oceanthrstyoceanthrsty Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I know that SM in the past year or so updated the stats page to be more accurate and give more information. I was wondering if/when you could take stats a step further.

Like add the ability to sort by bandwidth or views?

Thanks!

-Matt

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    it's coming... soon. In active development right now, and in fact, pretesting as of last week. That means, it's pretty close. You'll want to subscribe to our Release Notes blog, so that you don't miss a single update from SmugMug :)http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ at the bottom, there's a link for Entries (RSS) - put that in your favorite feed reader.

Thanks!
  • twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I'm excited to see what you come up with - I've experimented with several stat counter services and only Statcounter give me the individual results for every photo someone clicks on (when in smumug viewing mode) - many other of the counter services seem to have a problem with the java or what ever it is that doesn't refresh the page and show a uniuque URL - but statcounter does so I can see details that are important to me.

If smumug came out with something truly cool (which they always do) I'd pay for that separate service if needed - after seeing how they tricked out the pro sales pages and other stuff I know they would have an amazing statistics results page - the current tracking page doesn't appeal to me really. I want to see what each individual visitor is doing on my site - what photos they look at, what search terms they used, etc - all neatly organized and displayed.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I'm excited to see what you come up with - I've experimented with several stat counter services and only Statcounter give me the individual results for every photo someone clicks on (when in smumug viewing mode) - many other of the counter services seem to have a problem with the java or what ever it is that doesn't refresh the page and show a uniuque URL - but statcounter does so I can see details that are important to me.

If smumug came out with something truly cool (which they always do) I'd pay for that separate service if needed - after seeing how they tricked out the pro sales pages and other stuff I know they would have an amazing statistics results page - the current tracking page doesn't appeal to me really. I want to see what each individual visitor is doing on my site - what photos they look at, what search terms they used, etc - all neatly organized and displayed.
    We do have a bunch of improvements to stats, but just as a heads up, we are not intending to reinvent or replace the awesome stuff in Statcounter or Google Analytics, just FYI :D
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    I hope access to the previous month's detailed stats is part of the upgrade. I guess I'll just have to wait for the announcement. :D