pricing question

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited December 13, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is it correct to say that we can have two "portfolio" level prices...one for EZ Prints and one for Bay? Or do we have a single portfolio level and we just need to choose to which lab we'll attach the portfolio level pricing?

I'm setting up a hidden pricing category/gallery for myself with four galleries in it (just one photo in each gallery). As I set up new galleries, I can simply tell the new gallery to take on the pricing of gallery A,B,C,D...depending on what the gallery is for. And if I change prices, I can just change these galleries.

Gallery A = EZ Prints Portfolio prices 2009
Gallery B = EZ Prints Client prices 2009
Gallery C = Bay Portfolio prices 2009
Gallery D = Bay Client prices 2009

My question is regarding the Bay Portfolio prices. When the gallery level pricing is selected and the Bay Photo lab is selected, I cannot choose "Portfolio Pricing" (it's grayed out). Is this because EZ Prints has already been set for portfolio pricing? So, if I want my portfolio pricing to include Bay items, such as thin-wraps, then I need to set Bay Photo as Portfolio? And then I would just make three pricing galleries for myself...EZ Print Client, Bay Portfolio, Bay Client.

Sorry that was so wordy! I hope my questions are clear!
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Hi Elaine,

While you can enter portfolio prices for both labs, the one that is highlighted when you save the portfolio pricing will be the default lab for galleries that don't have custom Pro prices. It'll be your default lab.

You still may change the lab on any gallery using the 'set prices' tool to change the lab. Then it would take on what ever portfolio pricing you have set for that lab if no pricing is set for the gallery.

You can't change the portfolio pricing while in gallery pricing mode.

You can't mix prints from BayPhoto and EZprints in one gallery. A gallery can only be set to one lab. An exception are merchandise items - they always come from EZprints, even when the gallery is set to BayPhoto.

If you create a gallery and use the pricing from another gallery, it will copy the pricing from that moment. If you then modify the pricing for the gallery you copied the pricing from, it won't update the gallery you created with that pricing. All gallery pricings are independent.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Hi Elaine,

While you can enter portfolio prices for both labs, the one that is highlighted when you save the portfolio pricing will be the default lab for galleries that don't have custom Pro prices. It'll be your default lab.

You still may change the lab on any gallery using the 'set prices' tool to change the lab. Then it would take on what ever portfolio pricing you have set for that lab if no pricing is set for the gallery.

You can't change the portfolio pricing while in gallery pricing mode.

You can't mix prints from BayPhoto and EZprints in one gallery. A gallery can only be set to one lab. An exception are merchandise items - they always come from EZprints, even when the gallery is set to BayPhoto.

If you create a gallery and use the pricing from another gallery, it will copy the pricing from that moment. If you then modify the pricing for the gallery you copied the pricing from, it won't update the gallery you created with that pricing. All gallery pricings are independent.

I hope this helps,
    Sebastian

Great! Thank you! You covered it all!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography