Trying something new.

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in Landscapes
Don't take many landscape shots but looking at doing more since I moved to the Niagara Peninsula. One thing for sure is I will be looking into sensor cleaning.

739129977_JgLqf-XL.jpg

Slowed down the shutter a bit more.
739126992_C9ksf-XL.jpg

Finally a shot of Toronto skyline across lake Ontario.
739129801_qYfK2-XL.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Comments

• astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    1 and 2 are great, but I prefer the longer shutter in 2. Very nice. I would almost consider cropping off some of the sky.

-Andy
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    I prefer the sharp surf, nice snap - good comp

You take out a lot of the violence in moving water with slow shutter speed.
    Rags
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Cool shots! I like #1 best though I would've cropped out the shore and maybe a tiny bit of the top of the sky (to balance what was lost from the shore). It's cool as is but cropped off the sand and a bit of sky can get it a pano feel (very wide vs. its height).

My amateur two cents. :D
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Thwack wrote:
    Cool shots! I like #1 best though I would've cropped out the shore and maybe a tiny bit of the top of the sky (to balance what was lost from the shore). It's cool as is but cropped off the sand and a bit of sky can get it a pano feel (very wide vs. its height).

My amateur two cents. :D

Yes the shot would definitely work better as a pano, but keeping at 4x6 ratio at the moment.

Oh and that is ice at the bottom. -14c with the wind chill that day.

Oddest thing, There I am on the beach, one hand over my ear to keep it from freezing, taking pictures, and then a jogger comes running past me!

Damn joggers are an insane sort :)
  • toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    really liking the 1st and 2nd shots they work very well with the longer exposures, adds a dream quality to the shots.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    The first and 3rd really do it for me. When I opened this thread the first time I couldn't believe this was real. Whoah! The waves sand the snow set against such an ominous backdrop are just three things that spike the shock value.

I love it! :smo

It looks like the end of the world.