Options

Gallery description "save" button

alacraneraalacranera Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited December 13, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I am trying to edit the gallery description of an HTML page. The "save" button does not save.

Firefox 3.5.5, on OSX 10.6.1

Here's the page: http://alacranera.smugmug.com/CustomCategories/OldFilmScans/cOldFilmScansSubCat/10435558_9CiSp

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    put <html> in front of your code.
    be sure all opened tags are closed.

let us know?
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2009
    The save button does not work. All the tags are closed. I cannot even save the existing code, which works perfectly well.
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    The first div does not appear to be closed, that is its opening tag is missing closing >...

739670123_VeaAq-L.png

alacranera wrote:
    The save button does not work. All the tags are closed. I cannot even save the existing code, which works perfectly well.
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2009
    Thanks for the reply, but I promise the tags are closed (if these edit boxes displayed more than 4 lines of text, you could see that).

Again, my existing code works perfectly well, and I cannot even save that. The only working option to close the edit window is to "cancel". The save button does not work.
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I'm probably missing something here, but I don't see how something in the lines out of the edit box can fixup the missing right pointy bracket...is if further off to the right of the image?

739670123_VeaAq-L-1.png
    alacranera wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, but I promise the tags are closed (if these edit boxes displayed more than 4 lines of text, you could see that).
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2009
    Ahhh. You are right, Dan. I did lose the right pointy bracket whilst cut and pasting.

But, I still cannot go in and save any edits in this particular window. It won't let me replace even that bracket. It's not that the HTML syntax is wrong, apparently. I even tried deleting the entire description. The empty box will not save. I don't see any other cause, except that the save button won't save.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    alacranera wrote:
    Ahhh. You are right, Dan. I did lose the right pointy bracket whilst cut and pasting.

But, I still cannot go in and save any edits in this particular window. It won't let me replace even that bracket. It's not that the HTML syntax is wrong, apparently. I even tried deleting the entire description. The empty box will not save. I don't see any other cause, except that the save button won't save.
    Go into the gallery options page and edit it there.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Go into the gallery options page and edit it there.

Thanks, jfriend for your reply. I know I can edit from the gallery settings page, but it's several extra steps to get there. It seems to me that editing the gallery description from either the gallery page or the settings page ought to produce the same result.

If these two edit box options are intended to work differently, I don't understand why. If they are intended to work the same way, I am finding they do not. (And in fact the gallery settings page saves all the badly syntaxed HTML I can type!).
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    alacranera wrote:
    Thanks, jfriend for your reply. I know I can edit from the gallery settings page, but it's several extra steps to get there. It seems to me that editing the gallery description from either the gallery page or the settings page ought to produce the same result.

If these two edit box options are intended to work differently, I don't understand why. If they are intended to work the same way, I am finding they do not. (And in fact the gallery settings page saves all the badly syntaxed HTML I can type!).
    There are times when the inline editing won't work due to the errors in your own custom HTML. In those cases, you can edit/fix your own HTML from the gallery options page and get it back to a state where the inline editing will work again. That's all I'm saying.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    There are times when the inline editing won't work due to the errors in your own custom HTML. In those cases, you can edit/fix your own HTML from the gallery options page and get it back to a state where the inline editing will work again. That's all I'm saying.

OK, thanks. These edit boxes do work differently. That's what I need to know. I can figure it out from here.