In The Woods

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited December 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Took this while out walking near the river a few years ago.

739408543_B4knq-L.jpg

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Makes you wonder how it wound-up there.

Are you double-dipping on the copyright rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Makes you wonder how it wound-up there.

Are you double-dipping on the copyright rolleyes1.gif

I was wondering too how it got there with all those tree's a round it.

Now how in the heck did that watermark do that headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Morning Mary,

Good catch, was that from one of the Red River Floods? Looks like it was really buried under there.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Nice find Mary.....I would like to know the story behind that car....:D azzaro
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    In a local off road riding spot in Oregon, there is an old Volvo thatmust be 15 miles back into the THICK forest, at about 3,000 feet elevation, at the bottom of a very technical hill climb on the dirt bikes and surrounded by tress which are relatively old and unbroken. The vehicle I'm speaking of is in about the same condition as the one picture here. I have never had my camera along to snap a couple shots when we've encountered it but it always puzzles me as to how it got there.

Cool shot here for sure.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Nice light playing here Mary Kim. The base of the large tree and the area around it seem to be charred from a fire (or is that just the light playing games?). Interesting to speculate how the car got there.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited December 13, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Morning Mary,

Good catch, was that from one of the Red River Floods? Looks like it was really buried under there.

Hi,

No it wasn't from the flooding this last spring, but this area always floods in the spring.

Here's the full view.

Thanks for taking a look Craig :D
    edited December 13, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Nice find Mary.....I would like to know the story behind that car....:D azzaro

Hi Azzaro,

Yeah I would like to know the story too. I've been meaning to meet the older man that owns the property this car sits on, but been alittle to afraid to drive up his driveway :D

Thanks for taking a look :D
    edited December 13, 2009
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    In a local off road riding spot in Oregon, there is an old Volvo thatmust be 15 miles back into the THICK forest, at about 3,000 feet elevation, at the bottom of a very technical hill climb on the dirt bikes and surrounded by tress which are relatively old and unbroken. The vehicle I'm speaking of is in about the same condition as the one picture here. I have never had my camera along to snap a couple shots when we've encountered it but it always puzzles me as to how it got there.

Cool shot here for sure.

Oh you have to take your camera with next time -- even a point and shoot. That would be great to see that :D

Do you think the car you saw fell/rolled down there?

I don't know how long this one has been there, but it has a lot of leaves and debris around it. So much so that I was afraid to even get closer. I'm sure the yearly flooding piles even more yucky stuff up there.

Thanks for taking a look and commenting. Hope you get a photo of your find someday :D
    edited December 13, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Nice light playing here Mary Kim. The base of the large tree and the area around it seem to be charred from a fire (or is that just the light playing games?). Interesting to speculate how the car got there.

Hi Jack :D

The sun was setting when I was down by the car which really helped with the lighting, but I wanted to get in and out quickly. Seems I scare more easily as I get older rolleyes1.gif

I don't remember if it was burned around the base of the tree or not. I'll make a trip out there again in the spring and check that out. And....take some more photos -- maybe even get closer. I wonder if the keys are still in it????? I'm gonna have to wear some good boots out there.

Thanks for commenting Jack and taking a look :D