A shot of my brother...

JakeEbersoleJakeEbersole Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in People
...with the 50 1.8 @ 2.8. I think I found the sweet spot on this lens. 2.8 seems perfect. No PP on the eyes. There's a dust spot in the lower left hand corner. C&C appreciated.

D200, 50 1.8, SB-600
739312960_Mjviw-L.jpg

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Whole face looks in great focus to me! Both eyes look tack sharp! 2.8 is a good point with the 50 it seems. I often just get 1 eye in focus if the subject's eyes are not in the same plane when I'm at 1.8. clap.gif
  • JakeEbersoleJakeEbersole Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    Whole face looks in great focus to me! Both eyes look tack sharp! 2.8 is a good point with the 50 it seems. I often just get 1 eye in focus if the subject's eyes are not in the same plane when I'm at 1.8. clap.gif

I hear ya. I was kinda disappointed at first 'cause I thought I got a bad copy of the lens, but it was a user error. Go figure. rolleyes1.gif
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    I have found with the right lighting 2.8 is great.. but you will also find the more you shoot with it, the more you will grow to love 3.5 to 5.6 - that lens is tack sharp at f4.

and nice shot btw, good even lighting
    Devin
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Cool shot! I would have preferred a slightly larger DoF I think, it seems that his right eye is not so sharp as his left is. Nice shot nevertheless. I love my 50mm clap.gif