Options

clone it out?

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in Finishing School
What is the best way to get rid of the "night club" at the bottom of the poster? I tried cloning however i keep getting a blochy look.. anyone care to help??
DSC01768.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• Options
    CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Not sure what software you're using but did you try to cut a section from the right and paste over top? then just blend the edges.

<---very limited knowledge on the lingo of photo editing.
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • Options
    CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    CyberSteak wrote:
    Not sure what software you're using but did you try to cut a section from the right and paste over top? then just blend the edges.

<---very limited knowledge on the lingo of photo editing.

Good idea I think. One way to blend the edges is to use a feathered selection to copy. You could also play with the settings (flow and opacity) on your clone tool, if you didn't already try that. Similar to the slow dodge and burn process, it can be easier to blend things in by doing it a bit at a time.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    So, I just selected the area in photoshop, feathered the edges, used the dropper tool to get the color, and paint bucket to fill in the selected area. I had to use the history brush on the bottom of the red letters just a little.
  • Options
    goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    So, I just selected the area in photoshop, feathered the edges, used the dropper tool to get the color, and paint bucket to fill in the selected area. I had to use the history brush on the bottom of the red letters just a little.
    Thank you looks perfect!clap.gif
    Courtney
  • Options
    CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009

Yeah see, that's what I was saying. ;)
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2009
    CyberSteak wrote:
    Yeah see, that's what I was saying. ;)
    thank you to you too!!! :D:D
    Courtney
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Since this is about the cloning and not about the people (shot), I moved this to "Finishing School." thumb.gif