Candy Love

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in People
I know I know I know how much many of you dislike selective coloring.. but do you think this works? The lady in the picture is pregnant.. so i placed the candy cane (for their christmas pictures) in the shape of a heart over her tummy.
C&C please!
cc.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• CyberSteakCyberSteak Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I like it. It's very cute and achieves the goal nicely. I happen to be one of the few that likes selective colouring. Don't know why so many people hate it.

thumb.gif
    http://www.betterphoto.com/Premium/Default.aspx?id=329340&mp=V1

Canon 40D, 28-135mm, 50mm f/1.8, 10-22mm, 70-300, 580 EXII, ST-E2, 500D Diopter
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Great idea and well executed! Rules-Schmules! thumb.gif
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Thank you thank you!! :D:D
    Courtney
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    As someone who typically doesn't like selective color, I think it works great here. I might experiment with a square crop closer in on the hands.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    CoryUT wrote:
    As someone who typically doesn't like selective color, I think it works great here. I might experiment with a square crop closer in on the hands.
    Thank you! when you do a square crop what size print do you do? square crops won't work in 4x6, 5x7, etc right??
    Courtney
  • CoryUTCoryUT Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Thank you! when you do a square crop what size print do you do? square crops won't work in 4x6, 5x7, etc right??

Right, you'd have to do a square print (5x5, 8x8, etc...) so if that isn't of interest to the couple you should completely disregard my post :D. I personally just tend to like square crops, especially on photos that are centered compositions anyway.
    Daily Shot
    My Photographic Adventures

Nikon D7000 | 10-20 | 50 | 55-200
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009

I like it too..cute idea! I also like the idea of the square crop. This would make a cute piece somewhere in their home.. You get sqare crops printed on square paper. Smugmug has them... Ezprints have them. Bay Photo etc etc. All labs with pro paper would do this. I often get 5x5 or 12x 12. I love 12x12 because you can slide them into scrapbooks for presentation. Square crops are FUN! :)

Nice shot!
    edited December 13, 2009
    CoryUT wrote:
    Right, you'd have to do a square print (5x5, 8x8, etc...) so if that isn't of interest to the couple you should completely disregard my post :D. I personally just tend to like square crops, especially on photos that are centered compositions anyway.
    I like that idea.. going to try it out! thanks!
    Court
    Courtney
    edited December 13, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    I like it too..cute idea! I also like the idea of the square crop. This would make a cute piece somewhere in their home.. You get sqare crops printed on square paper. Smugmug has them... Ezprints have them. Bay Photo etc etc. All labs with pro paper would do this. I often get 5x5 or 12x 12. I love 12x12 because you can slide them into scrapbooks for presentation. Square crops are FUN! :)

Nice shot!
    Thank you!!:D
    Courtney
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Very cute.
    edited December 13, 2009
    Very cute.
    thank you :D
    Courtney
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Cute shot thumb.gif I think I would have liked to see more of her, or maybe more of her pregnant belly? Or in such a way that it is more clear that she is pregnant, if you know what I mean. From this picture alone, it's hard for me to see that she's pregnant? ne_nau.gif