Options

Just a way to get some traffic?

apexonephotoapexonephoto Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited December 19, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
I shoot racing, cars that is. No horses or humans or bicycles. Anyhow, after going from averaging shooting 2 races a week from April until October. I am a little bored, and should be learning how to shoot other stuff in the cold Canadian weather. So I made the following blog post and corresponding gallery as a way to get people to my site in our off season

Apex One Photo: Free Iphone Wallpaper

Even if you despise auto racing, please have a look and tell me if it's all seems logical. I wasn't sure if this is the wrong forum to post in, but it made sense at the time. I really don't expect to get many sales from giving something away, just a way to bring in some traffic and hopefully a potential customer.

Thanks
James

Comments

• Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    I really don't expect to get many sales from giving something away, just a way to bring in some traffic and hopefully a potential customer.

If you want customers target your marketing towards the correct client base. If you want traffic to your website, promote your website. However, the two have very little to do with each other.

Getting hundreds of hits on your website each day is incredibly easy, but that does not mean a single client will come out of these hits.

Now a busy website will allow you to sell ad space on your site, and you can make a few bucks that way, but you certainly do not have to be a photographer to generate this type of income.

If you want clients, you need to determine who your potential clients are, direct your marketing to those clients, and forget about the number of hits to your website and focus on the number of clients.
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    I think you're almost there. You just need to find out where your audience 'hangs out' online or offline. And then promote yourself there. A simple business card with a website url and "Race Photos" will do wonders. Also, get with the venue to announce the website url. I shoot in a similar genre. Let me know if I can be of any more help. :)
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!