Options

MC6--not in the running

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited December 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I just wanted to thank you all for your help and for pushing me with each and every challenge.

I learned to use texture on "picnick" today.
I came up with this.

740050272_giUAG-X3.jpg

Unfortunately I can't get it any bigger (this is xxl) , when picnick saves the shot it saves it smaller and I can't get it bigger plus, although the date taken is right, the date modified is all zeroes and I'm thinking that will disqualify me.

I'm happy with my current entry, but I just love how this turned out.
I saw Randy Wells "Aviatrix" shot in "Cool shots" and I got so mad at myself for not being able to figure out how--that I scourred the internet for tutorials with Picnick----and here I am:)

Thanks all.
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I think it's great, you can enter this and link to the original for the EXIF
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Looks great Liz. By the way, I love your original #1 of this shot as well.
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2009
    I think it's great, you can enter this and link to the original for the EXIF

Thank you very much,
    I like it very much, but I still think it needs more work.

If I didn't like my other shot, I think I'd switch them.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    Very nice work, but I would be careful about anything that may look like a frame in the contest...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Liz, I use Piknic and I can't figure out how you did this? headscratch.gif Please share.
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Liz, I use Piknic and I can't figure out how you did this? headscratch.gif Please share.

Hi Dan,
    Be glad to--
    Here is what I followed:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/picnikers/discuss/72157622992677392/

For that particular texture I googled "vintage photos texture" and found the one I wanted and saved it to my computer--couldn't tell you where I found it. I looked at quite a few before settling on this.

Also look at the last post on the above thread, you have to purchase the premium package--which was something like $29 bucks per year. I don't have other pp tools, so I thought it well worth it.

Also I can't access it directly through smugmug, I have to go to picnik directly (when I access it through smugmug, I can't see the photo basket mentioned in the threadne_nau.gif ), but then I have issues uploading it here for contests--it strips the info and makes it smaller (huge photos take forever to edit)--then I don't know how to make them bigger again to repost here.

I will hopefully figure it out eventually.

Ask if you have any questions (I might have an anwer:D ).

Liz A.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Liz, I have loved this picture from the get-go, and I still do. Great job, and yay you for the processing!

Btw, there is an awesome Photoshop vintage action that Linda posted a while back - I have a copy of it, and if you want me to run your image through it so you have yet another version of this shot to play with, I'm happy to do so. Just email it to me!
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Hi Dan,
    Be glad to--
    Here is what I followed:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/picnikers/discuss/72157622992677392/

For that particular texture I googled "vintage photos texture" and found the one I wanted and saved it to my computer--couldn't tell you where I found it. I looked at quite a few before settling on this.

Also look at the last post on the above thread, you have to purchase the premium package--which was something like $29 bucks per year. I don't have other pp tools, so I thought it well worth it.

Also I can't access it directly through smugmug, I have to go to picnik directly (when I access it through smugmug, I can't see the photo basket mentioned in the threadne_nau.gif ), but then I have issues uploading it here for contests--it strips the info and makes it smaller (huge photos take forever to edit)--then I don't know how to make them bigger again to repost here.

I will hopefully figure it out eventually.

Ask if you have any questions (I might have an anwer:D ).

Liz A.

Thanks Liz. I'm so glad you shared this. Very cool. I just gave it a very quick try to see if I could do it.

741257989_fUwJt-L.jpg

I'll use it more precisely, I am sure, in the future.

Thanks clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Liz, I have loved this picture from the get-go, and I still do. Great job, and yay you for the processing!

Btw, there is an awesome Photoshop vintage action that Linda posted a while back - I have a copy of it, and if you want me to run your image through it so you have yet another version of this shot to play with, I'm happy to do so. Just email it to me!

Thank you Divamum,
    I will do just that.
    Can you pm me your email again--I have it on my cell and don't have access to it right now.

Thank you,
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Thanks Liz. I'm so glad you shared this. Very cool. I just gave it a very quick try to see if I could do it.

741257989_fUwJt-L.jpg

I'll use it more precisely, I am sure, in the future.

Thanks clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif indeed.
    Glad you were able to figure it out. It opened a whole new world to me. Glad to be of assistance.

I thought I was the only person here who used picnick:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif indeed.
    Glad you were able to figure it out. It opened a whole new world to me. Glad to be of assistance.

I thought I was the only person here who used picnick:)

I enjoy Picnicking, too, even though I have Photoshop! I like being able to tweak a photo after I've already uploaded to smugmug. Premium has curves and other surprisingly sophisticated tools that I have found useful. And, of course, they are always adding fun stuff. I also like that my kids can use it without worrying me that they might destroy the original file.

Caroline
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2009
    I enjoy Picnicking, too, even though I have Photoshop! I like being able to tweak a photo after I've already uploaded to smugmug. Premium has curves and other surprisingly sophisticated tools that I have found useful. And, of course, they are always adding fun stuff. I also like that my kids can use it without worrying me that they might destroy the original file.

Caroline

As soon as I got premium I realized all that was available to me--curves etc. I have just started using the premium package and can't wait to see what I can do with black and white conversions.

I joined a group on flickr "picnickers" and that's where I'm learning quite a bit about its potential, just fyi.
    Liz A.
    _________