Options

Street & PJ 2009 Year in Review Entry Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2009
    If I do the book, I'll do it because I think we have enough good images to make an interesting book. Then I'll try to figure out what we want to do. Someone else might make a different set of decisions. But I suggest we just wait of a week or so and see what we get.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2010
    I've been watching this Gallery for new entries. It was last at 39 images and now I go and see there are 38. Was one inadvertently hidden again? headscratch.gif

I am hope that at least a few more get posted before 10 January! Looking good so far!clap.gifivarwings.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,926 moderator
    edited January 2, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote:
    I've been watching this Gallery for new entries. It was last at 39 images and now I go and see there are 38. Was one inadvertently hidden again? headscratch.gif

I am hope that at least a few more get posted before 10 January! Looking good so far!clap.gifivarwings.gif

Don

Nice catch, Don. I'll look into it. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Nice catch, Don. I'll look into it. thumb.gif

It's all straightened out. Someone wanted to delete a pic and substitute another. If anyone else wants to do that, just let me know by PM. You guys can't delete but I can :davidto.

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2010
    Richard, wondering why the gallery has been down for so long? http://dgrinextras.smugmug.com/down/outage.mg

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Richard, wondering why the gallery has been down for so long? http://dgrinextras.smugmug.com/down/outage.mg

Don

Dunno, Don. I assume Smuggy had an upset stomach or something. It seems to be working now.
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Dunno, Don. I assume Smuggy had an upset stomach or something. It seems to be working now.
    headscratch.gifdunno

Well anyhow it is back!thumb.gif

Don
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2010
    Just a reminder that there are five days left to post in the gallery. There's some great stuff there, but we have a few regulars who are missing in action. wave.gif
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2010
    Last call, everyone. Somebody is missing--you know who you are :D. Submissions close 12:01 AM on Monday. deal.gif
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Clean up on Aisle 3!

I am not sure why it happened, but there are some duplicates that got uploaded. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    Clean up on Aisle 3!

I am not sure why it happened, but there are some duplicates that got uploaded. ne_nau.gif

Fixed. Not to worry.:D
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2010
    clap.gifclapclap.gifclap Great collection of pics, everyone. bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

The gallery is now closed for new submissions; you will no longer be able to log in with the guest password. If you would like to substitute one pic for another or change a caption, send me a PM.

We are assuming that you want the pics you have posted to be included in the Blurb book, but if not, please let me know in the next day or two. The pics will remain in the gallery even if you don't want them printed.

You can still enter comments either as a guest or logged in to a SmugMug account if you have one. I have added a link to the gallery in the Tips Threads and Inspiration sticky at the top of the forum.

Well done, people. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2010
    Hey, everyone who has submitted images to this project, please drop me a line via email (not PM). This will be a big help to me in getting started. Typically, I'll need to work with each of you a little to prepare your images for the book. At a minimum, I'll need the highest resolution version of your submission we can manage. I'll also be happy to work with you to redo the post processing from scratch to get the best possible quality from prints while retaining your intentions. In any case, we'll need to have some sort of contact.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    rutt wrote:
    Hey, everyone who has submitted images to this project, please drop me a line via email (not PM). This will be a big help to me in getting started. Typically, I'll need to work with each of you a little to prepare your images for the book. At a minimum, I'll need the highest resolution version of your submission we can manage. I'll also be happy to work with you to redo the post processing from scratch to get the best possible quality from prints while retaining your intentions. In any case, we'll need to have some sort of contact.

Hi there Rutt,
    I just went to email you and I don't see anything that says "attach" like in a normal email--How would you like us to send you the photos?
    Do I need to attach them like I do when I upload to dgrin? .... etc...
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2010
    Hi there Rutt,
    I just went to email you and I don't see anything that says "attach" like in a normal email--How would you like us to send you the photos?
    Do I need to attach them like I do when I upload to dgrin? .... etc...

Use the Dgrin email just to exchange your real email addresses. Then you can continue as you would normally with your email provider, including attachments.

Rutt should be able to download the originals that you submitted to the gallery, so unless it works better for him there's no reason to send him that file.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Use the Dgrin email just to exchange your real email addresses. Then you can continue as you would normally with your email provider, including attachments.

Rutt should be able to download the originals that you submitted to the gallery, so unless it works better for him there's no reason to send him that file.

Will do,
    Thank you.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2010
    PLEASE NO PMs. Email me your email address. It will be much easier for me to keep track of.

I already have gotten two PMs and only one email. I don't always even notice new PMs. If you want me to include your images, please send me an EMAIL with your email address.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2010
    I see we have gone from a high of 64 images down, now, to 59. Seems to be some culling going on. I am wondering if by request of posters or by BD, Rutt or Richard???

Don
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2010
    DonRicklin wrote:
    I see we have gone from a high of 64 images down, now, to 59. Seems to be some culling going on. I am wondering if by request of posters or by BD, Rutt or Richard???

Don

Some people have asked to have pics removed or substituted.
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Some people have asked to have pics removed or substituted.
    Thanks, Richard, That was my surmise, but it helps to know! :D

Don