Options

Upload log incomplete

timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
edited December 16, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I'm trying to figure out what pics didn't get uploaded due to the 'wrong format' error, and when I go to check my 'upload log', it's only showing 3 images uploaded, instead of the hundreds of pics I've sent in so far today.

My site is valkyrie.smugmug.com.
  • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    I'm trying to figure out what pics didn't get uploaded due to the 'wrong format' error, and when I go to check my 'upload log', it's only showing 3 images uploaded, instead of the hundreds of pics I've sent in so far today.

My site is valkyrie.smugmug.com.
    By default the upload log only shows errors. If you want to see all uploaded files, take a look at the top right part:
    Display: errors only | all uploads
    Click on 'all' to see all uploads.

If you have general questions and questions about certain features like this, please post them in the SmugMug support forum. If in doubt, also check our help pages first for an explanation of our features.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2009
    By default the upload log only shows errors. If you want to see all uploaded files, take a look at the top right part:
    Display: errors only | all uploads
    Click on 'all' to see all uploads.
    Um, that's what I did .

I only saw 3 files reported back.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 15, 2009
    Tim,

It's hard to explain...but the error message that is being returned is actually a false positive. The replace on the original image was successful, but the code failed generating the display copies which didn't actually need to be replaced.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2009
    Thanks for the note about the upload failure cause, but my reason for posting this thread was to report that it's reported record of uploaded pictures was only showing three files instead of the hundreds of pics I'd uploaded.

And yes, I'd hit the "all" link before submitting this thread.
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    Thanks for the note about the upload failure cause, but my reason for posting this thread was to report that it's reported record of uploaded pictures was only showing three files instead of the hundreds of pics I'd uploaded.

And yes, I'd hit the "all" link before submitting this thread.

right, but what i am saying is that although LR reported an upload error....the original was successfully replaced, hence why there aren't hundreds of upload errors
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    right, but what i am saying is that although LR reported an upload error....the original was successfully replaced, hence why there aren't hundreds of upload errors
    Arg! Clearly we're missing each other here.

I wasn't expecting a report of hundreds of upload errors because I didn't experience hundreds of upload errors. I experienced some sporadic errors, but the LR plugin doesn't tell me what gallery it fails on, so I was looking for the uploads that went through successfully, in addition to the ones that failed, so I could figure out what images the upload failed on, and what remained to be done.

In term of successful uploads, when I filed this report, I was only getting ~3 files reported as having been uploaded that day, even though I'd uploaded hundreds of images.

And yes, I did hit the "all" hyperlink.
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2009
    oh sorry, I see what you mean.

yes, historically replaced image actions haven't been added to the upload log.

That's something that I would like to change.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2009
    devbobo wrote:
    oh sorry, I see what you mean.

yes, historically replaced image actions haven't been added to the upload log.

That's something that I would like to change.
    I would hope so! Upload logs should show all activity - even metadata updates - they can be put in different categories (ie, new image, replaced image, metadata only), but still - leaving out information like that is just a bad decision.