Options

Weird image display issues between LR2, CS3 and ViewNX

wildviperwildviper Registered Users Posts: 560 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in Finishing School
I am not sure if anyone has found this problem.

I have the New Nikon D300s and shoot Raw and Jpegs.

When I look at a Raw file in LR 2.5, it looks different in terms of sharpness from ViewNX. It looks noticeably unsharp images. I opened the same images in ViewNX and it looks dead sharp.

I am not talking about color variations and so on since I know ViewNX uses the Picture Control while LR doesn't.

In LR, I have the Nikon camera presets and use those. My picture control is just set to Vibrant and no oversharpening and stuff.

When I export the images out of LR to Jpegs(highest quality), they look very very soft. Then I went and exported from ViewNX and opened the JPEG(highest quality) in CS3 and it also looks soft. While all the time in ViewNX it is so sharp. I even opened it in Windows 7 image viewer and it looks soft but sharper than either CS3 or LR2.

So what gives here? Since I am testing this, I am not making random changes anywhere...just purely opening the files and checking them out.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
WildViper
From Nikon D70s > Nikon D300s & D700
Nikon 50/1.8, Tamron 28-75/2.8 1st gen, Nikkor 12-24/4, Nikkor 70-200/2.8 ED VR, SB600, SB900, SB-26 and Gitzo 2 Series Carbon Fiber with Kirk Ballhead