Options

Beginner Boudoir NSFW

MelmoKMelmoK Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited December 19, 2009 in Go Figure
I do not shoot people often. I would love to eventually really get into it, but haven't as of yet.
Awhile back a friend approached me to do some photos for her for her husband, as I figured it would be a good learning experience, I agreed.
She's thrilled with them, however I know I have a long, long, looooooooong way to go.
Here are two, I'd be happy to hear critics on both the photos as well as the PP. I had no studio or lighting, these were actually taken in a vacant apartment.

kiteyes.jpg
KLegsbw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    fireguy.edfireguy.ed Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    It looks like you missed a little bit in the first one where the BG meets the crook in the small of the back, some lighter color is showing. Both have strange lines in the BG, not sure if it's shadows or from conversion/compression. Poses and lighting look good, maybe a little bright on the skin, but it seems like that's what you were going for...

Maybe a little more of the hair on the right in the first one??

Nice job!!!
  • Options
    MelmoKMelmoK Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Well, the BG was a black blanket, in the first one she was a bit too far to the right and so the wall showed, thus, the crop.

I see what you're talking about in the first photo, I did some cloning but must have missed that. Sloppy sloppy I know.

Thank you very much for the critique
  • Options
    fireguy.edfireguy.ed Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Sounds like an "excuse" to practice some more!!:D

You could probably get rid of the wrinkles with a little photoshop work.

The more I look at it, the more I really like #2, but my eye gets drawn to the material at the very bottom, again, in Ps you might be able to darken that area. Her hubby is a lucky guy and you are on the right track, I need friends like this
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Nice model. thumb.gif
    The rest can be cured by practice and learning....mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice model. thumb.gif
    The rest can be cured by practice and learning....mwink.gif