Oklahoma City Lights

thomasrtuckerthomasrtucker Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited December 16, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Here's a photo of downtown (Bricktown) Oklahoma City with holiday lights. Feedback is always welcome.

734965420_sSbdi-L.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 15, 2009
    Hi Thomas and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Nice long exposure blur on the water. Maybe next time try not to center the subject quite so much. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Welcome to dgrin :D

Beautiful night photo of water and lights thumb.gif
  • thomasrtuckerthomasrtucker Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Hi Thomas and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Nice long exposure blur on the water. Maybe next time try not to center the subject quite so much. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
    Thanks Richard. It's tough since I know and understand the rule of thirds but I could only see this one centered. I guess it's my downfall on landscapish type photos. Oh well, still learning and have to force my self to see different sometimes.

-Thom
  • thomasrtuckerthomasrtucker Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Welcome to dgrin :D

Beautiful night photo of water and lights thumb.gif

Thanks Mary
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Thanks Richard. It's tough since I know and understand the rule of thirds but I could only see this one centered. I guess it's my downfall on landscapish type photos. Oh well, still learning and have to force my self to see different sometimes.

-Thom
    Well Sir I think you did a fantastic job....having studied this shot of yours....I see no other way to have ALL of the elements in the photo with out having the fountain centered.....bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif Your eye is finethumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• JustPeachy2JustPeachy2 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Oklahoma City Lights
    I think your shot is great! clap.gif But if it 'should be centered" how could it be done differently?headscratch.gif I would have shot it the same way. JustPeachy2