Whatcha think?

kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
edited December 15, 2009 in People
Any comments on these? All natural light...

ISO 400
F/1.8
1/100 sec

I'd love some cc! :bow :thumb

Kelly

BasketofChristmasJoy-1.jpg

#2 "Dancer, Prancer and Flasher"
DancerPrancerandFlasherThumnailsize.jpg

RelaxingbythetreeThumnailsize.jpg

Thanks you all :)

Comments

• Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Hey Kelly,

Ok, so when I saw #2 I thought, rolleyes1.gif , and then I thought, I am so glad my baby boy wasn't the only one with a dipply butt! :D

The one thing I might do a little different is the cropping on #3. Maybe a little tighter to remove a bit of the distracting wrapping paper on the right.

Other than that, very nice :D

Take Care,
    Joe
    Joe
    North View Studio
    http://www.zoradphotography.com
    Montreal, Canada
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    These are great. Love the last one in particular but have to say that the second one really brought a smile to my face this morning. clap.gif
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Nice job, but I find the brightly colored tree skirt distracting, I think you could clone it out. Just baby, tree and whatever he is in or on is enough to bring the focus more on baby. I LOVE the brown rag rug or whatever that is, very cool !!
    BTW I thought of you over the weekend... heheee I had this little 20 month old girl in a cute outfit with pink netting coming out from her skirt, and we were in a Arizona nature park, and the photos turned so cool.
    I am always inspired by your location and your beautiful children and I thought, AHhhh this is what it must be like for Kidzmom, everything just clicked, blue eyed child, great scenery !
    On a second look I think those are presents I see under the tree, I'd still get rid of them.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    All I gotz is...

BABY BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

TOO adorable. He will probably hate this photo throughout his childhood and then LOVE It once he has his own kids. rolleyes1.gif

For a "serious" picture the third one is the winner - I'm not so crazy about his expression in the first one (especially since we've all since his AWESOME grins :D). Nothing wrong with it technically, I just don't think it captures his personality the way so many of your other shots of him have done.
  • Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    GREAT pics- love love love the baby butt and antlers, and agree that the first one is not a great one for him due to his facial expression- he kinda looks like he's uncomfy and wants OUT of that basket. But really- fantastic set! :D
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    freakin' adorable, especially 2! Eyes seem dead center in 3, but cute anyway!
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU all for the comments :) Trudy and Joe..I agree that the wrapping paper is pretty distracting. I hesitated to demolish it in PP because it seems like so much "tampering" but I'll give it a go! I can use the new brown rug prop that I bought. I LOVE that little thing. It isn't much bigger than a bathmat but gives so much to the pics! He LOVES putting his face down on it too. Instead of rug fibers it is soft fabric squares...nice and chunky. Trudy, I'd love to see the shots you got from this weekend! Sweet that you thought of ME! :D Diva...and Rhondavid... BABY BUTT for SURE! You can't help but smile to see those squishy, soft, dimpled hineys! :) Diva, I agree that a smile might have been nice for the 1st. I was just so thrilled he wanted to be restful for me, and looked so peaceful and comfy in there. It might be working its way into my all time fav list :)About the butt shot... he will hate me for sure...but I'm getting even with him for all the nights he's STILL keeping me up! Laughing.gif! Thanks for your thoughts!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Cute images.
    Consider just desaturating the paper a bit to take the pop out. Might give a better net result than trying the clone it all out. Just a thought.

Nice work.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited December 15, 2009
    Just saw your comments now Melissa and Jazmyn. Thanks for chiming in! Wow, I didn't realize that about the eyes Melissa! You are spot on wit that. I wonder if cropping out the top of the right side might help a bit. I'll play more with it tonight! I got about 10 basket shots and kind of randomly picked that one for pp... I'll go back and see if there is one with more personailty! :D Thanks again all!
    edited December 15, 2009
    Great idea on the selective desat Andrew. I will try that trick FIRST before I spend the time working on the rug clone :) Super thought! I think the "pop of color" is what is distracting...maybe just a touch off the reds and blues and we'll be good to go! THANKS!