Christmas Lights

bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
edited December 15, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Here are a couple shots I took last night. I like the angle and framing of the first shot but with at F8 and a 30 sec exposure the clouds are a little fuzzed out.

The second shot I opened up to F5 and dropped the exposure to about 13 seconds. I like the clouds better but the angle of the shot is not as good IMO.

Any other suggestions on how I could improve a shot like this?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
I tried posted these in the Refinery thread but haven't seen any feedback yet. I'm interested in improving my skills so any CC is welcome.<o:p></o:p>

741586151_3HEGo-XL.jpg

741586183_qeR8C-XL.jpg

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    I much prefer the second shot. There is more detail in the stonewall on the right, the colors seem a bit more vibrant, and the sky is much improved compared to #1. There's lots to see in this image and it presents a very pleasant mood. thumb.gifthumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    I much prefer the second shot. There is more detail in the stonewall on the right, the colors seem a bit more vibrant, and the sky is much improved compared to #1. There's lots to see in this image and it presents a very pleasant mood. thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks for the feedback.

Good point on the rock wall detail. I was thinking about the missed left end of the house in that shot but after reading your input, I agree the second angle does bring a lot more detail into the forground.