A Desert Pic.

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited December 17, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
The picture was taken at the White Tank Mountains west of Phoenix AZ.

741746774_3qNgF-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2009
    I like how you desaturated this photo. My eyes just follow the cactus's around in the photo thumb.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    I like it! I agree with Mary, your eyes follow the cactus everywhere!
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like how you desaturated this photo. My eyes just follow the cactus's around in the photo thumb.gif

Hi Mary ..... THANKS FOR THE COMMENT......:Dazzaro
    edited December 16, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    I like it! I agree with Mary, your eyes follow the cactus everywhere!

Hi Eia.......THANKS FOR THE COMMENT......:Dazzaro
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Nice process...

I spent a ton of time on the white tanks, even camped near the top for 3 days on a hike. Did you walk some of the trails and find some petroglyphs. There are a bunch of them around there. Your pic really makes me miss it.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Hi Azzaro

This is a very beautiful image indeed. I must admit that I am a bit perplexed by what appears to be a foggy background (fog in a desert? headscratch.gif ). Was this achieved by selective desaturation of the bg, or is it haze of some sort?

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited December 17, 2009
    Roadkill wrote:
    Nice process...

I spent a ton of time on the white tanks, even camped near the top for 3 days on a hike. Did you walk some of the trails and find some petroglyphs. There are a bunch of them around there. Your pic really makes me miss it.

Hi Roadkill....... I have hiked all over AZ. but never the White Tanks. I did pull my horse over there and rode a trail to where the horse couldn't go any more.
    Thanks for looking and commenting.....:Dazzaro
    edited December 17, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Hi Azzaro

This is a very beautiful image indeed. I must admit that I am a bit perplexed by what appears to be a foggy background (fog in a desert? headscratch.gif ). Was this achieved by selective desaturation of the bg, or is it haze of some sort?

Hi Jack....Last week we had a heck of a rain..... So I went riding around in it and shot some pictures..... You can't tell it by the pic., but it was raining when I shot the picture... I rolled the window down and shot it from my truck.
    Thanks for the nice comment ......:D azzaro
    edited December 17, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Jack....Last week we had a heck of a rain..... So I went riding around in it and shot some pictures..... You can't tell it by the pic., but it was raining when I shot the picture... I rolled the window down and shot it from my truck.
    Thanks for the nice comment ......:D azzaro

Take more pictures in the rain -- because this one turned out good thumb.gif
    edited December 17, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Take more pictures in the rain -- because this one turned out good thumb.gif

:D......THANKS......This is Arizona...my beard might be to my knees before I see rain againrolleyes1.gif.
    edited December 17, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    :D......THANKS......This is Arizona...my beard might be to my knees before I see rain againrolleyes1.gif.

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif