Options

Comp Cards | Headshots | Portraits ...oh my

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited December 18, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
"Probably" been asked a couple of dozen hundred and a half times. :D So, please allow me the due diligence of asking at least once more. I was approached by an agency asking for rates for such services. I would simply provide the studio, the headshots, and the models would be responsible for their own material. In essence, I would be shooting a very static campaign. NO work involved other than "come right in, have a seat, let's get started." VERY MINOR editing I assume. Dream gig, right?
Maybe! :scratch

I'll start the bidding at $275.00 .....and hope the rest of you can tell me if I'm a complete dork or can tell me with a straight face......just roll with it son! :super

Ok, leather belt in my mouth, clinching teeth, and ready for my lashings....let me have it! :thwak

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Geez, I would have at least hoped for one piece of advice to steer me in the right direction. mwink.gif Does no-one here shoot these types of fashion comps? I've seen some incredible work from the likes of a good many here and was really hoping some of you could enlighten me to this whole "headshot" fortay. Google is soooooo yesterday. Bing is overrated. :D
    I want DGrinners opinions. So, anyone ?? headscratch.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Geez, I would have at least hoped for one piece of advice to steer me in the right direction. mwink.gif Does no-one here shoot these types of fashion comps? I've seen some incredible work from the likes of a good many here and was really hoping some of you could enlighten me to this whole "headshot" fortay. Google is soooooo yesterday. Bing is overrated. :D
    I want DGrinners opinions. So, anyone ?? headscratch.gif

You might try putting something in the business forum...

I think what they will tell you is figure out how many hours and then decide how much that time is worth to you.

I don 't do headshots, but...

Your price seems low (to me). Make sure to add exactly how many heads you have to shoot, since that would totally make the difference.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    You might try putting something in the business forum...
    15524779-Ti.gif

I moved this to the more appropriate 'mind your own business' forum.
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    "In essence, I would be shooting a very static campaign. NO work involved other than "come right in, have a seat, let's get started." VERY MINOR editing I assume. Dream gig, right?

I'll start the bidding at $275.00 .....and hope the rest of you can tell me if

I wouldn't necessarily call it easy or dream work, but if you have an agency sending calls your way, it can lead to some nice pocket money. $275 is a tad cheap, but in your area that may be okay. You need to find out what other studios are on the call list for the local agencies.
    Here in the SF area, $650 is more the average for referrals from larger agencies.
    Steve

Website