Copying Multiple Photos

travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
edited January 13, 2010 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to copy an entire gallery to another? There is the option to "move to gallery" or "move to multiple galleries" but I only want to copy. Any advice?
Travis M. Chance
twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
sitefacebook

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    uncletrav wrote:
    Is there a way to copy an entire gallery to another? There is the option to "move to gallery" or "move to multiple galleries" but I only want to copy. Any advice?
    See this app on the wiki page.

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps
    SmugTools: Gallery Copier - Does just what it says.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    Allen wrote:
    See this app on the wiki page.

http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps
    SmugTools: Gallery Copier - Does just what it says.

Thanks Allen - you mean I have to pay addition for this feature?!?!?! I think the good folks at SM should have this app available....
    Travis M. Chance
    sitefacebook
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2009
    uncletrav wrote:
    Thanks Allen - you mean I have to pay addition for this feature?!?!?! I think the good folks at SM should have this app available....
    so we could allow you to have multiple copies of a photo, that we'd have to pay storage for? When we already allow unlimited storage. Hm. That sounds like bad business to me.

We'll build and release smart (virtual/dynamic) galleries instead.
    edited December 28, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    so we could allow you to have multiple copies of a photo, that we'd have to pay storage for? When we already allow unlimited storage. Hm. That sounds like bad business to me.

We'll build and release smart (virtual/dynamic) galleries instead.

Andy:

If I copied photos individually and posted to other galleries, that would equate to paying for additonal storage for the same photo(s) right? All of mine (including yours & most others) photos shown on their slideshow are from other galleries. Thus the same photos are in two or three different places right???

I don't think this is bad business - I think it gives your users the ability to move and copy photos quickly without spending all day doing so.
    Travis M. Chance
    sitefacebook
    edited December 28, 2009
    uncletrav wrote:
    Andy:

If I copied photos individually and posted to other galleries, that would equate to paying for additonal storage for the same photo(s) right? All of mine (including yours & most others) photos shown on their slideshow are from other galleries. Thus the same photos are in two or three different places right???

I don't think this is bad business - I think it gives your users the ability to move and copy photos quickly without spending all day doing so.
    HI Travis, I'm sorry we're not buliding this feature we're instead building the ability to have one photo stored and seen in many different galleries. It's the smart way to do it.

Thanks!
    edited December 28, 2009
    Thanks Andy:

That solves the issue - all I want is to take my slideshow photos and allow viewers who do not have the latest flash or pc's whose work firewalls do not support flash to see those photos. Having them in a seperate stand-alone gallery eliminates this
    Travis M. Chance
    sitefacebook
    edited December 28, 2009
    uncletrav wrote:
    latest flash
    they don't need latest flash, but I think we're 8xxx and above? Anyhow, this is like 99.something + percent of the computers out there.
  • Z06NutZ06Nut Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2010
    Say I want to give certain people full access ("pass word") and the rest "right click protected." I wanted to make two galleries with the same photos with different security settings. How can I do this?