SOLD: Canon 70-200 F2.8L IS

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited February 5, 2010 in House of Canon
Sold!!!

Like new, rarely used lens. This isn't mine, but rather a lens I am selling on behalf of a co-worker. The lens comes with box, paperwork and all it's original accessories...hood, tripod ring, and case.

Edit to add: The lens was originally purchased in Feb. 2009. Date Code is : UW0817

$1500.00 includes shipping (United States) and paypal fees. Shipping abroad will add shipping fees to sale price.

I can get pictures, but it looks just like any other brand new 70-200 F2.8L IS out there. Mint/Flawless.

Sold!!!

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Bump....for a sweet lens that needs a new home.
  • RedSoxRedSox Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Bump....for a sweet lens that needs a new home.

Good price. I am interested. But I have to wait till after January my bonus get paid. What is the date code?

Also I never sold or bought anything privately. If by January, this lens is still available and I can afford, how can I pay you via paypal and how will you ship it to me? Will the shipping include insurance? Do you also consider trade? I have a 70-200 F4 non L mint and flawless, if you are interested, I will add more cash of course.

Thanks

Eric
  • EZPZEZPZ Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    Hello Jeff,

Have you been provided the receipt and warranty card for the lens yet?
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Like new, rarely used lens. This isn't mine, but rather a lens I am selling on behalf of a co-worker. The lens comes with box, paperwork and all it's original accessories...hood, tripod ring, and case. Im awaiting an original sales reciept, but believe it is less than a year old.

$1500.00 includes shipping (United States) and paypal fees. Shipping abroad will add shipping fees to sale price.

I can get pictures, but it looks just like any other brand new 70-200 F2.8L IS out there. Mint/Flawless.
    edited December 22, 2009
    RedSox wrote:
    Good price. I am interested. But I have to wait till after January my bonus get paid. What is the date code?

Also I never sold or bought anything privately. If by January, this lens is still available and I can afford, how can I pay you via paypal and how will you ship it to me? Will the shipping include insurance? Do you also consider trade? I have a 70-200 F4 non L mint and flawless, if you are interested, I will add more cash of course.

Thanks

Eric

No Trades.

Payment through paypal preferred. I have actually had zero exoerience with paypal, as my online purchases with private sellers have been vis certified check. However....even I wouldn't recommend that method for a buyer for a purchase price this high. The guy I am advertising this for is familiar with paypal, and should you decide to buy I will put you two in touch to work out the transaction and shipping. Im told paypal is painless.

Shipping will be via UPS.thumb.gif

Date Code?.....is this stamped on the lens somewhere? I can get numbers if you tell me where to find them.
  • RedSoxRedSox Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    Jeff

The date code is stamped near the lens mount. If you take off the rear cap, or take the lens off the camera, you should see 2 letters and 4 digits. Usually starts with letter 'U'. If the lens is one year old, it should start with UW (2008) or UX (2009).

Like I said, I have never done any paypal transaction. But if your friend can let me know the instruction. I have no problem with paypal. It is just that I have to wait till January to get the fund. I will let you when I have the money. Do you prefer email or PM? Obviously if someone luckier than me and can buy it before I get the money, please do not hesitate to sell.

Thanks again.

Eric
    edited December 22, 2009
    EZPZ wrote:
    Hello Jeff,

Have you been provided the receipt and warranty card for the lens yet?

He has the warranty card, no reciept, but the lens was purchased in December 2008.
    edited December 22, 2009
    RedSox wrote:
    Jeff

The date code is stamped near the lens mount. If you take off the rear cap, or take the lens off the camera, you should see 2 letters and 4 digits. Usually starts with letter 'U'. If the lens is one year old, it should start with UW (2008) or UX (2009).

Like I said, I have never done any paypal transaction. But if your friend can let me know the instruction. I have no problem with paypal. It is just that I have to wait till January to get the fund. I will let you when I have the money. Do you prefer email or PM? Obviously if someone luckier than me and can buy it before I get the money, please do not hesitate to sell.

Thanks again.

PM is fine.

Eric

Date code is UW0817 (August 2008).
    edited December 24, 2009
    Updated....The original sales reciept has been found and the date was Feb. 2009. Ive corrected this in the OP.
    edited December 28, 2009
    edited January 4, 2010
    This has generated a lot of PM's, but so far is still available!!!mwink.gif
    edited January 14, 2010
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2010
    I don't know why this hasn't sold yet for that price Jeff. ne_nau.gif
    Randy