Christmas Cards C&C

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited December 17, 2009 in People
What do you all think about these cards. the clients actually chose 4 pictures that they wanted (all) on the card.. I thought 4 was to many plus 3 were in color and 1 was in b/w, and in my opinion didn't go together (themewise). So here is what I came up with so far. C&C please
erikperez2.jpg
erikperez1.jpg
invite2.jpg
Courtney

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Well, in #1 you have three colors of red in there. If I was you I would use the eyedropper and select the color of red from the hats. It is easy to do, and would really help it out.

As far as the design goes, they really do look a little like elementary school bulletin boards, with all those bright colors and brushes. Consider going to a digital scrapbooking site and downloading some more modern backgrounds and elements. It is super easy to layer them on and play with.

Here is one of my favorite sites and their holiday elements:
    http://weedsandwildflowersdesign.com/shoppe/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18&zenid=7ada18d9cca2aa0d0eaf1171389ee725

I once had a bride ask me to include 12 photos ON THE COVER of their thank you card.... that was a bit much. 4 shouldn't be too bad if you use a photo strip.

My favorite photo out of the ones selected is the candycane hearts one, so I would display that one more prominantly. It is such a cute idea, and gets the preggo concept across in a unique/ fun way.
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Well, in #1 you have three colors of red in there. If I was you I would use the eyedropper and select the color of red from the hats. It is easy to do, and would really help it out.

As far as the design goes, they really do look a little like elementary school bulletin boards, with all those bright colors and brushes. Consider going to a digital scrapbooking site and downloading some more modern backgrounds and elements. It is super easy to layer them on and play with.

Here is one of my favorite sites and their holiday elements:
    http://weedsandwildflowersdesign.com/shoppe/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18&zenid=7ada18d9cca2aa0d0eaf1171389ee725

I once had a bride ask me to include 12 photos ON THE COVER of their thank you card.... that was a bit much. 4 shouldn't be too bad if you use a photo strip.

My favorite photo out of the ones selected is the candycane hearts one, so I would display that one more prominantly. It is such a cute idea, and gets the preggo concept across in a unique/ fun way.
    After I posted these up on here I noticed that too about the red in #1.. funny those bcause I did use the eyedropper tool... I'm going to go back and fix it.
    Thanks for that link.. I'm def. going to check them out... I suppose my love for children's photog and being a preschool teacher is carrying onto my other work lol
    Courtney
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    After I posted these up on here I noticed that too about the red in #1.. funny those bcause I did use the eyedropper tool... I'm going to go back and fix it.
    Thanks for that link.. I'm def. going to check them out... I suppose my love for children's photog and being a preschool teacher is carrying onto my other work lol
    I'm not sure if you are a SmugMug user, but they have a bunch of cards, also: http://cards.smugmug.com/