Still in love

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited December 17, 2009 in People
Here is a set of goofy pictures we took of ourselves while laying around on the couch doing nothing, just sharing each other's company. Not the most exciting photos but they put a smile on my face so I thought I'd share them with you all.

742569498_StTmm-L.jpg

742567950_7LQ7b-L.jpg

742569034_KKedG-L.jpg

I met my wife when I was 17 and she was 15. We are now 39 and 37. I can honestly say that I am more in love with her than the day we met. I tell this to some of my male friends and I know they don't believe me. They think I am just trying to convince myself that I am happy. The same guys are the type that think marriage is simply settling and they can't imagine spending the rest of their lives with one woman. I feel truly sorry for these guys. I think it's a sign of immaturity to be honest. I can't imagine going through life alone, not having my Jen to share the journey.

BTW, how's the beard look? Never grown any facial hair in my life. The wife hates it.
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Joe DukovacJoe Dukovac Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    First off, very nice photos! clap.gif It's nice to see two people happy together like that.

I understand your point of view completely. My wife and I are just about to hit our 5 year mark (January 1st) and I couldn't imagine my life without her. She puts up with my BS! rolleyes1.gif

Congrats to both of you on a long and obviously successful marriage!

Take Care,
    Joe

PS. Are you related to Gene Simmons by any chance??? With a tongue that long you must be! rolleyes1.gif (just kidding around)
    Joe
    North View Studio
    http://www.zoradphotography.com
    Montreal, Canada
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Happy 22 years together thumb.gifthumb.gif
    She must really love you to let you turn snuggling on the couch into a photo shoot :D

Well done SPs, looks like your DOF was very narrow, but well done.

Doesn't matter if I like the beard.....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Nice, goofy, and sweet. After that many years you should know by now; lose the beard, especially since Jen hates it.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    I agree:) I met my husband at 15 and we've been together since 17. I feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful man so early in life. These photos show the sort of comfort you find with someone who truly knows you and loves you for who you are, even as you grow and change.

I kind of like the beard, but you have to listen to the woman who kisses yourolleyes1.gif

Caroline
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    haha, awesome. What a handsome couple you guys are! clap.gif
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    What a freaking rarity you two are. Thank you for showing many of us that relationships can be a positive fulfilling adventure that just gets better with time.

And of course, great shotsclap.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Thanks for all the awesome comments guys. I guess it is rare nowadays for couples to stay happy and together for as long as we have. I wish I had a golden nugget that would give you the secret to our success but I don't. I think mostly is we just try to make each other happy. Patience too... patience is probably the key. Well, maybe one the keys on the key-ring of happiness. That was corny. :D

My Smug Site
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Since we are voting on the beard - I would council you to loose it. You have the same problem I do .... sparcely populated cheeks - but you do better at it than I do.

Congrats on the 29+ years!!! After being married to Leslie for 29 years and together for more than 31, I've found two rules that cover all problems:
    1. The wife is always right.

2. When the wife is wrong, refer back to rule #1!

Of course, I just kidding! It takes lots of work, compromise, caring, sharing, talking, loving ..... But it's worth all of it. I know just where I would be without her and I like this alternative a whole lot better!!

ETA: I can't do any math! 39 - 17 == 22.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Alex, you two are beyond adorable! Very fun.

I'm celebrating my 18th wedding anniversary on Saturday, so I'm with you - it isn't always easy, but it IS always worth it. Let's hear it for corny! thumb.gifiloveyou.gif
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Since we are voting on the beard - I would council you to loose it. You have the same problem I do .... sparcely populated cheeks - but you do better at it than I do.

Congrats on the 29+ years!!! After being married to Leslie for 29 years and together for more than 31, I've found two rules that cover all problems:
    1. The wife is always right.

2. When the wife is wrong, refer back to rule #1!

Of course, I just kidding! It takes lots of work, compromise, caring, sharing, talking, loving ..... But it's worth all of it. I know just where I would be without her and I like this alternative a whole lot better!!

Happy wife is a happy life! mwink.gif

My Smug Site
    edited December 17, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Alex, you two are beyond adorable! Very fun.

I'm celebrating my 18th wedding anniversary on Saturday, so I'm with you - it isn't always easy, but it IS always worth it. Let's hear it for corny! thumb.gifiloveyou.gif

Thank you Diva and congrats on your 18th. We will be celebrating our 18th in April. I've been with my wife for over half my life. It really puts the time we've shared into perspective when I think of it that way. There are so many things that we have experienced together... so many "firsts" in life. That is irreplaceable. I will never have another relationship like this anyone. That keeps me honest and gets me through those rough patches. It's kind of like playing poker, there is a point in a hand where you are pot committed and you have to call just to see the hand play out. Uh... that sounded better in my head but you get what I mean.

My Smug Site