Don't worry...

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited December 20, 2009 in Street and Documentary
742650151_EBkdr-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Awesome title. I smiled the instant I saw the picture. Very nice. The focus on the subject is outstanding also IMO.
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    nice
  • Options
    Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Great picture!

Actually, with some cropping, I think the "Be Happy" chap is strong enough to stand on his own, without any of the other stuff. A very interesting character study. Nice job!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2009
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    Awesome title. I smiled the instant I saw the picture. Very nice. The focus on the subject is outstanding also IMO.

I think he may be on to something. He also brought an instant smile to me.

Thanks for looking and commenting.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2009
    damonff wrote:
    nice

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Great picture!

Actually, with some cropping, I think the "Be Happy" chap is strong enough to stand on his own, without any of the other stuff. A very interesting character study. Nice job!

thumb.gif

- Wil

Perhaps you are right on the cropping, but then there would be an outcry here to boot the shot over to "People". :banned

Then again, this forum could probably use a little shaking up to its "feel good" nature... rolleyes1.gif

Thank you for the kind words.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    What a great expression! It carries the shot. You can crop and nothing bad (like being exiled to People) would happen to you, but you don't have to. Nobody is going to see much other than this guy's face no matter what you do.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    What a great shot, and he really does stand out from the crowd!
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

• Options
    edited December 18, 2009
    Thank you rutt. Thank you Amy. Glad you enjoyed the shot!
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    rutt wrote:
    Nobody is going to see much other than this guy's face no matter what you do.

Well they sure will if they give the image more than a passing glance.rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif The woman on the left, and the man over Be Happy's right shoulder are similarly dour, even if their expressions aren't as, uh, expressive. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif (I might crop to the right of the man over Be Happy's right shoulder, or not. rolleyes1.gif

And, again, lose the caption. We see his hat and we 'get it' without being smacked in the face with the caption. :D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Well they sure will if they give the image more than a passing glance.rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif The woman on the left, and the man over Be Happy's right shoulder are similarly dour, even if their expressions aren't as, uh, expressive. rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif (I might crop to the right of the man over Be Happy's right shoulder, or not. rolleyes1.gif

And, again, lose the caption. We see his hat and we 'get it' without being smacked in the face with the caption. :D

I looked back to see what you pointed out and tried the crop. This photo lends itself to numerous possibilities as Wil pointed out. In fact, I decided to convert to B & W once I decided to minimally crop it as the woman is the bottom left is wearing a bright red jacket.

I see the "caption"/title as a method to draw viewers in BEFORE they open the post. I actually like clever titles as sometimes they add to the viewing experience. If nothing else, it makes it easier for me to go back to a post for another look. Just dating a post loses the connection to the photo down the road.