Remembering the Summer Sunsets

helloyo53helloyo53 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited December 18, 2009 in Landscapes
Looking back on some of the pictures I took this summer, I came across these ones. They were taken on Lake Huron while a strong wind was blowing over the water. I think they came out pretty good, what do you think?

2009_08230018Small2.jpg

2009_08230016Small.jpg

2009_08230023Small-2.jpg
-Brandon

Flickr
My Gear

Comments

• NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Great topic! I think I'll start a similar thread... (Maybe even steal your name for it, if you don't mind!)

Regarding your own images: (in reverse order, sorry)
    I found #3 to be the most visually interesting with the beach, nice clouds, nice angles.
    #2 I thought might have a great memory associated and has nice colors, but doesn't leave (me at least) a whole lot to look at as a particular subject. If someone were to have been jumping the waves or something (as a thought), it would provide a very definite subject with wonderful background.
    #1 Angles and clouds are nice, but again it's missing a definite theme and it's bordered on overexposed (or more than bordered) at the sunset itself. Again, I'm sure it has wonderful memories associated with it! :D

Thanks for posting!
    Nate
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.
  • helloyo53helloyo53 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    NateW wrote:
    Great topic! I think I'll start a similar thread... (Maybe even steal your name for it, if you don't mind!)

Regarding your own images: (in reverse order, sorry)
    I found #3 to be the most visually interesting with the beach, nice clouds, nice angles.
    #2 I thought might have a great memory associated and has nice colors, but doesn't leave (me at least) a whole lot to look at as a particular subject. If someone were to have been jumping the waves or something (as a thought), it would provide a very definite subject with wonderful background.
    #1 Angles and clouds are nice, but again it's missing a definite theme and it's bordered on overexposed (or more than bordered) at the sunset itself. Again, I'm sure it has wonderful memories associated with it! :D

Thanks for posting!
    Nate

Now that's the kind of critique I'm looking for. Thanks so much! :)
    -Brandon

Flickr
    My Gear