Excluding products from your sales page

kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
edited December 17, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I don't seem to be able to find the magic search string for this one, so here we go...

How does a person disable products from the product list? IE - lets say I don't want to sell 24x19, mugs or other oddites? What if I don't want a printing option at all, and just want a digital download offering?

Is there anyway to control that kind of product access?

Thanks in advance!
--Kres

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Hi, set the price on any item you do not want to sell, to $0

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing has awesome help.
    wave.gif
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    kres wrote:
    I don't seem to be able to find the magic search string for this one, so here we go...

How does a person disable products from the product list? IE - lets say I don't want to sell 24x19, mugs or other oddites? What if I don't want a printing option at all, and just want a digital download offering?

Is there anyway to control that kind of product access?

Thanks in advance!

Absolutely. I'm sorry it's not more intuitive, but all you need do is type in a 0 (zero) for each product you don't want to sell.

In fact, I like to start by applying "0" to all products using the tools near the top of the page. Then from there I can price the items I DO want to sell. thumb.gif

-Anne
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    Thanks guys!
    --Kres
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, set the price on any item you do not want to sell, to $0

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing has awesome help.
    wave.gif

Since this question seems to come up at least weekly, have you guys considered just adding a "not for sale" checkbox (or something like that) in the pricing page that would just automatically set the price of that product to 0? Might go a long way toward making the tool a little more intuitive.

Dave