Vagus

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited December 18, 2009 in People
Good Evening Folks,
I recently shot (quite) a few pictures of a local band (Vagus) that my son plays in. They were shot in Baltimore, on Howard St by the old Mayfair Theatre and in front of the former Howard Johnsons restaurant. What memories they bring back. My son is the drummer and is wearing the black jacket in the last picture. They eventually chose one of the pictures to use on their first EP. Thanks for looking :thumb
Have a good evening :D
Jim...

Comments

• jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2009
    edited December 16, 2009
    edited December 16, 2009
    edited December 16, 2009
    And finally, # 5...
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Interesting backgrounds and architecture, and regular looking kids…

…but there's absolutely nothing to associate them with being in a band, or music. As far as this Old Fart is concerned, they could be a local landscaping/roofing/road-building/pizza-delivery crew.

I like the compositions and the colours, but the kids look as if they would rather be someplace else, but perhaps that's the idea…

The locales bring back zero memories for me, however now you come to mention it, I'm sure they would be more meaningful to the locals.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck to the band re. the EP

- Wil

BTW: The locales and poses… …your choice or theirs?
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
    edited December 17, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Interesting backgrounds and architecture, and regular looking kids…

…but there's absolutely nothing to associate them with being in a band, or music. As far as this Old Fart is concerned, they could be a local landscaping/roofing/road-building/pizza-delivery crew.

I like the compositions and the colours, but the kids look as if they would rather be someplace else, but perhaps that's the idea…

The locales bring back zero memories for me, however now you come to mention it, I'm sure they would be more meaningful to the locals.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck to the band re. the EP

- Wil
    Good Evening Wil,
    Thanks for your response thumb.gif Their website is http://www.myspace.com/vagusx if you want to hear their music. It's not punk or even heavy metal. Heck, it's not even Crap (Country and Rap:>) They got in earlier this afternoon from a gig in NY at Kenny's Castaways. They don't look like the typical band. None are in rehab rolleyes1.gifand they are all employed full time. They picked the pose and the location. Thanks again.
    Have a good evening :D
    Jim...
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Thanks for the link - didn't get to hear them yet, but found the bio-pics v. interesting… …so who did the art-work?

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
    edited December 17, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Thanks for the link - didn't get to hear them yet, but found the bio-pics v. interesting… …so who did the art-work?

- Wil
    Hey Wil,
    I shot the pictures, and I also shot the video at Fletchers, but my son did the editing. Besides having an interest in music, he is also an amateur film maker, and plays around with Photo Shop & After Effects in his spare time.
    Have a good morning :D
    Jim...
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    I think the first shot is a nice shot, but not as a 'band shot'. The guys are really small, and the letters on the building are so prominent and visible that it's the first thing my eyes go to, and it's hard to get them away from them.

Location/pose wise I prefer #4, but the closed eyes kind of ruin it for me, unfortunately.
    edited December 18, 2009
    ivar wrote:
    I think the first shot is a nice shot, but not as a 'band shot'. The guys are really small, and the letters on the building are so prominent and visible that it's the first thing my eyes go to, and it's hard to get them away from them.

Location/pose wise I prefer #4, but the closed eyes kind of ruin it for me, unfortunately.
    Morning Ivar,
    Thanks for your comments thumb.gif
    The first shot was something the band wanted, just to say they were at the Mayfair during their shoot. I agree with you regarding the size of the group in connection with the size of the bldg. Number 4 was actually shot and reshot 3 additional times, all with the bass players's eyes closed. I wanted to open them up in PS, but they liked that shot 'as is'. Thanks again
    Have a good morning :D
    Jim...