More OKC lights

thomasrtuckerthomasrtucker Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited December 17, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
So I thought I would post another photo from my adventure in downtown OKC (Bricktown) at night. I'm still new to this type of shooting and feedback is always welcome. Thanks for looking.

734965779_hYMmK-L.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    I like your shots here. Nicely done!!

If you want to try something else, how about try hitting the fountain with some light, perhaps even gel it and depending on your exposure length, manually fire the light at different parts of the fountain (put the flash on manual and the test shot will be at the specified strength, Canon in E-TTL if off-camera defaults to 1/128).
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • thomasrtuckerthomasrtucker Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    I like your shots here. Nicely done!!

If you want to try something else, how about try hitting the fountain with some light, perhaps even gel it and depending on your exposure length, manually fire the light at different parts of the fountain (put the flash on manual and the test shot will be at the specified strength, Canon in E-TTL if off-camera defaults to 1/128).

Oh wow, I had not thought of that. Thanks! My current flash is over 20 years old, don't have a new one yet. It will let me do the manual, off the camera stuff you suggested. I forsee another cold, late night in my future.

-Thom
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Oh wow, I had not thought of that. Thanks! My current flash is over 20 years old, don't have a new one yet. It will let me do the manual, off the camera stuff you suggested. I forsee another cold, late night in my future.

-Thom
    You might need/want to snoot the flash to keep it from spilling too wide depending on what you want to do. I was amazed how focused a snoot can make the light....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site