Photo-A-Day Journey (PAD Project)

DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited December 18, 2009 in Landscapes
Hey Everyone,

I haven't been around in a long while, but since I've been really dedicated to my photography lately, I thought I'd pop on over and share :)

I embarked on a Photo-A-Day project back on July 8th, and have been going strong since then... I'm really learning a LOT by doing this, both in technique and in keeping creative. Here's some highlights...

(I'd love to hear what you think, good or bad!)...
Most shots taken with Leica M8

12_10_tracktheclouds.jpg

12_06_tinychurch.jpg

greenandblue.jpg

(this one was with the E-P1)
11_15_suburbanpond.jpg

11_09_morningcruise.jpg

10_25_lefttosea.jpg

10_14_waitingforrain.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Amy :D
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    First of all congrats on sticking with it for so long. clap.gif I attempted a 365 project but failed after 2 months. I will reset Jan. 1st and give it a 2nd go.

2nd- I am little envious of the camera's you are using. I'd love to get my hands on an EP-1 and decide if will work for me as an alternative to a P&S when I don't want to carry my E-3 of E-500

3rd- really like theses two shots. thumb.gif

DRabbit wrote:

11_09_morningcruise.jpg

10_25_lefttosea.jpg
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • steveLsteveL Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2009
    Well, they are all excellent in my opinion. A quick comment on the first shot of the train tracks: I like the way you have centered on the left rail and the way that it seems to cleave the horizon - that is really interesting; also the track ties seem to be mirrored in the clouds and that gives a satisfying symmetry to the overall structure. Very good work in my humble opinion.
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    anwmn1 wrote:
    First of all congrats on sticking with it for so long. clap.gif I attempted a 365 project but failed after 2 months. I will reset Jan. 1st and give it a 2nd go.

It's not easy to commit to! Luckily, I have a job where I do a lot of work from home and can often set my own schedule, so to skip out for an hour each day isn't a problem! There are also those days when it feels like a chore, but for the most part, luckily, those have been few and far between.
    anwmn1 wrote:
    2nd- I am little envious of the camera's you are using. I'd love to get my hands on an EP-1 and decide if will work for me as an alternative to a P&S when I don't want to carry my E-3 of E-500

M8 is my favorite and I sold a lot of Canon gear to be able to afford it! The E-P1 is a lot of fun and at the beginning of my PAD project I was using it A LOT. I've never found a P&S I was happy with and the E-P1, while not quite pocket-size, is a pleasure to use. I hear good things about the GF1 too, but for me I want the IS.
    anwmn1 wrote:
    3rd- really like theses two shots. thumb.gif

Thanks!
    steveL wrote:
    Well, they are all excellent in my opinion. A quick comment on the first shot of the train tracks: I like the way you have centered on the left rail and the way that it seems to cleave the horizon - that is really interesting; also the track ties seem to be mirrored in the clouds and that gives a satisfying symmetry to the overall structure. Very good work in my humble opinion.

Thanks so much Steve... really appreciate your detailed feedback. The clouds in the first shot are what I was waiting for. I pass over those railroad track quite a lot, but I was waiting for the perfect sky to capture what I wanted... it exceeded my expectation on that day!
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5