1940s...second model

Bob NBob N Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited July 23, 2005 in People
Another girl next door shoot with a theme of WW2 jeep.

CRW_3652_Cor-01.jpg
I'm torn between the black and white and color versions. I like both. I didn't age the photo, just removed the color.

CRW_3599_Cor-01.jpg
A pretty girl and a WW2 jeep, not much more could be finer.

CRW_3600_Cor-01.jpg
Another shot same scene.

CRW_3604_Cor-01.jpg
I really like her eyes.

CRW_3662_Cor-01.jpg
And of course, I had to shoot her in the WW2 designed bathing suit. The rifle? Well, you know it's WW2 and you have to always be armed and ready.

Hope you like them. The full size versions look better but I think these shrunken down versions aren't too bad.

This was my first time shooting with RAW and having some margin of success. I generally used the onboard flash as a fill...though I was often too far away for it to do much filling. Shooting mostly with a telephoto lense.

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2005
    Bob N wrote:
    Another girl next door shoot with a theme of WW2 jeep.

I'm torn between the black and white and color versions. I like both. I didn't age the photo, just removed the color.

A pretty girl and a WW2 jeep, not much more could be finer.

Another shot same scene.

I really like her eyes.

And of course, I had to shoot her in the WW2 designed bathing suit. The rifle? Well, you know it's WW2 and you have to always be armed and ready.

Hope you like them. The full size versions look better but I think these shrunken down versions aren't too bad.

This was my first time shooting with RAW and having some margin of success. I generally used the onboard flash as a fill...though I was often too far away for it to do much filling. Shooting mostly with a telephoto lense.
    Hi bob wave.gif
    interesting concept.. reminds me of my mums days... I like 3 4 and 5 although 3 and 4 look a little unsharp (misty) and in 5 her face is a little dark in patches. Love the idea and the model is perfect. I think I'd lose the basket with the daffodils .. it destracts for me from your subject too much.. did they have net underskirts in those days?? I think maybe a lace slip was the order of the day, nylons and thick high heeled shoes clap.gif
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2005
    I like this one the best.
    CRW_3604_Cor-01.jpg

What is she holding in her right hand in the last photo?

Sam
  • Bob NBob N Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2005
    Thank you for the replies.

CRW_3662_Cor-01.jpg

She is holding a pair of sunglasses...as seen on her face in the first picture.
    CRW_3662_crop.jpg
    I had a lot of fun with this model. She was very receptive and had plenty of suggestions, too. I like that a lot in a model...instead of just asking what next?

CRW_3739_Cor-01.jpg

The model as a 2nd Lt Army Nurse. She had told me earlier that her goal is to become an RN. My wife is RN in the USAFR, Lt Col and she had this old style of nurses unifrom. Not exactly WW2 but close enough.

CRW_3924_Cor-01.jpg
    Modelling can be tiring work. At rest.

CRW_3911_Cor-01.jpg
    I think we were at it for about four hours. The model was very patient. This was a big improvement over the last shoot that took nearly eight hours. We cut back on the number of outfits and that greatly simplified the shoot. We had met the Wed before the shoot to do a wardrobe check. That eliminated a whole lot of clothing, so we focused on what worked and was fun.

IMG_3811_sm.jpg
    Some will object to the angular lines but it was what I had to work with. The jeep was parked on a slope (this is what jeeps do), so I opted for keeping the model lined up.

As for the lace? I'm no 40s fashion expert. While studying the fashion before the shoot, it appeared to me that much of the 40s fashion has reappeared over the years. Maybe the dress looks more 50s? I won't quible, I thought the model looked adorable in it....and the jeep looked pretty good too!