Self Portrait

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited December 20, 2009 in People
Took a few SPs in hopes of getting something good enough to send out to family and friends for the Holidays.

This was the best shot. I think I may look a little too serious but I was getting really annoyed with the photog!! :dunno

Is this really "Sears Portrait Looking" to you guys:

743473477_5Xd8r-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    More depth, more shadows than a Sears shot. It's a cute studio picture, and your family and friends will love it. I think you've accomplished your goal. Is it your best art work? Probably not, but that's not what usually goes out on a holiday card.

Caroline
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 18, 2009
    Looks really good to me. thumb.gif Although, if you could crop the dude out of the shot, it would be even better. rolleyes1.gif
  • JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2009
    Could just be my monitor (on a laptop) but it looks alittle cold to me... Could also be the blue shirts.

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    Nice shot thumb.gif
    JayClark79 wrote:
    Could just be my monitor (on a laptop) but it looks alittle cold to me... Could also be the blue shirts.
    It's definitely not on the warm side, but it could work for me.

What did you do to the skin in this photo? I'm not sure I'm liking it, tbh. It almost looks over sharpened if you look at it at 100%. I've seen much nicer processing from you thumb.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    Nice captcha:-) thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"