Options

Come On Baby Sing Me the Blues

bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
edited July 29, 2005 in Holy Macro
Had a another chance to shoot the blues, great music I hope my shots depict it.

Pulled all photo's from oringinal gallery. All had wrong Color Space, Sorry for inconvenience
New Gallery Here:

Aunt Kizzys Boys

Out of a 1gb of shots only had 13 keepers (interesting # :dunno :D) that met

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    Very nice Ben. Number 1 is saweet!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Very nice Ben. Number 1 is saweet!thumb.gif

thanks K
    Glad you dug it !! thumb.gif
  • Options
    geraldfinnegangeraldfinnegan Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    great drummer
    bfjr wrote:
    Had a another chance to shoot the blues, great music I hope my shots depict it.

http://bfjr.smugmug.com/photos/29408303-L.jpg

http://bfjr.smugmug.com/photos/29408574-L.jpg

http://bfjr.smugmug.com/photos/29408078-L.jpg

Out of a 1gb of shots only had 13 keepers (interesting # ne_nau.gif:D) that met my criteria. If you'd like to see the rest there here:

Aunt Kizzys Boys
    great shot of the drummer!
    www.finnegan.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2005
    !st thank you all for your replies.
    I am adding this post, because again I got confused about color space umph.gif, and had upload all the originals in aRGB, then of course I read again eek7.gif about using sRGB always!! So I redid the gallery and here's one with sRGB, see a diff?? ne_nau.gif

29689632-L.jpg

Click for EXIF
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Ben, it is a nice clear color shot. Not crazy about the background, but the technicals, excellent. Wish you had done one just like it in the other color space to compare. I always use sRGB for everything.

ginger (do you suppose that is why your bird shots were "grey"?) And, where are your recent bird shots? Have we all quit that forum? Should I be going to more concerts and fewer bird places? I gotta keep up here.rolleyes1.gif

You might be interested to know, and see, that I messed up some Osprey shots yesterday. Since I did shoot them at every exposure, it was just a lousy time of day, and nothing I did would have worked. I would have felt a lot better, though, if I had just gone home. Am whipped.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    Hi Ben,
    I like your series, especially the last one. The expression plus the motion blur are priceless. Great shot.
    If you ever find yourself around Memphis, Tennessee, you need to stop for the evening on Beale Street. It's the home of the Blues; BB King even has a nice club there. Stopped for a few beers (drove from Nashville to Memphis to spend some time there; Brother-in-law is a blues fan). I enjoy the blues as I do many other styles of music.

Thanks for posting,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    edited July 29, 2005
    great shot of the drummer!

Thanks Gerald glad you like
    He was quite good
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2005
    I like your series, especially the last one. The expression plus the motion blur are priceless. Great shot.
    If you ever find yourself around Memphis, Tennessee, you need to stop for the evening on Beale Street. It's the home of the Blues; BB King even has a nice club there. Stopped for a few beers (drove from Nashville to Memphis to spend some time there; Brother-in-law is a blues fan). I enjoy the blues as I do many other styles of music.

Thanks for posting,
    Chris

thanks Chris
    You bet I would love to shoot and listen there thumb.gif