Just a couple of dogs

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited December 19, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Over Thanksgiving my girlfriend and I were dog sitting for a friend and I got some nice shots of her two dogs. The idea was to print them out as a Christmas gift. What do you think?

744444336_fRyaH-L.jpg

744444301_NKAzP-L.jpg

744444431_K6pFY-L.jpg

744444387_rVWfd-L.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    So cute -- the first photos is just wonderful thumb.gif

Print it them out and give them as a gift to the dog owner. They will love them.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    I think they will make a great gift.....I really like the first two ... IMO the high key look works great...... azzaro
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    Printing the high key ones was an exercise in print proofing. I think I made around 6 8x10s of each finding flaws in the background and getting the brightness just right. I am glad I wasn't using my expensive paper! I shot 1 & 2 in front of a window in the morning with strong light coming through a bamboo blind. I thought the bamboo would be a cool pattern but, it was not as cool as just the bright background. So I just burned what was left of it out in LR. In the end I think I really like the effect.

Thanks for lookin!
  • Raina.RaeRaina.Rae Registered Users Posts: 205 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    I like #1 the best. You captured a great expression, and the lighting I think was perfect.
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    Raina.Rae wrote:
    I like #1 the best. You captured a great expression, and the lighting I think was perfect.

Thank you.
    He was easy. He just perched on the arm of the couch like a bird in the window. And he responded really well to clicks and sounds to get him to perk up.

The red dog was tough. She is really shy and really fast. If you tell her what to do she just lays down or runs around really fast. Not an experienced model!
    It took some watching and waiting to get her in front of good backgrounds.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    Howdy,

, I just love these, very expressive and good looking Hounds.

I think they will love them all!!

The first one is "priceless" great lighting and composition, and really like the last one, almost a Zen like feel.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas