michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited December 21, 2009 in Street and Documentary
1)
744600228_obH6o-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2009
    I like the message in this shot, Jen. The composition isn't working for me though. I can't quite put my finger on why it's not working -- perhaps too much frame around the subject? ne_nau.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 19, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    The composition isn't working for me though. I can't quite put my finger on why it's not working -- perhaps too much frame around the subject? ne_nau.gif

Works for me. thumb.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    1)
    [/INDENT]

This is a Wow! Though it might be more of a Wow! with a square crop, and burned in somewhat. But it's a "Wow!" none the less. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2009
    Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated. Travis, I intentionally cropped this shot in such a way that I thought would create tension. The balance of the image is ever so slightly off from the "rule of thirds." I could have left a bit more space on the right and bottom, but I felt it started to make the image more pretty than I wanted.

B.D., I've done a square crop that includes all the elements I like about the shot. It puts the cleaning lady dead centre of the image. I'll post it later today. Thanks for the Wow.
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated. Travis, I intentionally cropped this shot in such a way that I thought would create tension. The balance of the image is ever so slightly off from the "rule of thirds." I could have left a bit more space on the right and bottom, but I felt it started to make the image more pretty than I wanted.

B.D., I've done a square crop that includes all the elements I like about the shot. It puts the cleaning lady dead centre of the image. I'll post it later today. Thanks for the Wow.
    After another couple views I think my problem with the shot lies in the empty space on the right side. Perhaps B.D.'s square crop suggestion is just the thing to get me on board. :D
    Travis
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2009
    Here's a square crop. Full frame top to bottom.

746866587_aqqYC-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Here's a square crop. Full frame top to bottom.

746866587_aqqYC-XL.jpg
    Jen, I like this shot MUCH better. thumb.gif This one gives me that wow factor that B.D. mentioned. thumb.gif
    Travis