Alignment

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited December 21, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
744830632_TdoBh-XL.jpg

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    Who is the archer???? That is some bow....When I was terrible young my dad shot competition matches.....He used a wood bow and sure didn't look like that......... NICE SHOT!!!!! azzaro
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Who is the archer???? That is some bow....When I was terrible young my dad shot competition matches.....He used a wood bow and sure didn't look like that......... NICE SHOT!!!!! azzaro

The archer is a Freshman at UC Berkeley who is trying to make their archery team. Like most sports (and unnamed hobbies no longer needing film), technology and equipment have evolved to have a tremendous influence on the sport.

But the primary reason for posting this shot is much more subtle: look at the cloud formation -- probably looks like the bow that your dad used!

Thanks for looking and the kind words.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    The archer is a Freshman at UC Berkeley who is trying to make their archery team. Like most sports (and unnamed hobbies no longer needing film), technology and equipment have evolved to have a tremendous influence on the sport.

But the primary reason for posting this shot is much more subtle: look at the cloud formation -- probably looks like the bow that your dad used!

Thanks for looking and the kind words.

Yes it does.........rolleyes1.gif azzaro
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Very cool parallel!!!

That is one massive counter-balance. Do they all shoot recurve in competition, or are there separate squads for recurve vs. compound?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Nice shot... kept my attention for a while, crisp and vibriant. Couldn't you get more in front of him.... Laughing.gif just kidding you know...
    edited December 21, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Very cool parallel!!!

That is one massive counter-balance. Do they all shoot recurve in competition, or are there separate squads for recurve vs. compound?

I am just learning the subtleties of archery. They do shoot both recurve and compound. Apparently, compound shooters are much less in number.

Thanks for looking!
    edited December 21, 2009
    Roadkill wrote:
    Nice shot... kept my attention for a while, crisp and vibriant. Couldn't you get more in front of him.... Laughing.gif just kidding you know...

I considered your suggestion, BUT there is already a "Roadkill" on this forum :hotcake ... rolleyes1.gif

Thanks!