Options

Watermark

ZarboZarbo Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited December 22, 2009 in Finishing School
I'm having trouble making a watermark. I always end up with a black background. I'm following the instructions from smugmug. Clicking tranparent and png-24 and so on. I import the watermark into Aperture and then export it to my website as a png. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    Zarbo wrote:
    I'm having trouble making a watermark. I always end up with a black background. I'm following the instructions from smugmug. Clicking tranparent and png-24 and so on. I import the watermark into Aperture and then export it to my website as a png. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Somewhat confused...you created a watermark w/ transparent background and then imported into Aperture?
  • Options
    MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    smugmug was giving me problems with that too almost like they were "flattening" the image to jpg before importing... Its been a while since ive faced this issue.. but I believe the final resolution was to save the file as transparent format.. "gif" or "png" and transfer to another photo host.. such as flickr. then use the link in smugmug.. Im pretty sure thats what I did.. hope it was helpful.

missB
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    The key is to make sure that the export program flattens everything and includes transparency. I don't have Aperture so I can't comment on how to do that. In Illustrator (yup, Illustrator) I had to do an export with PNG-24 and transparent. But if I bring it into LR or Photoshop, then it gets confused.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    JonnyyayaJonnyyaya Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    It should look like this in your saved file if you clicked the PNG-24 / Transparency in photoshop..

747661180_SeTGv-X3.jpg

Then when you load to Smugmug it will look like this with out the check background..

747661176_A7xqp-X3.pngGood luck...