Options

Personal lens test

luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
edited August 1, 2005 in Accessories
I have an unusual test. I played with my new 85/1.2 on the way home. While everyone gets out their tripod and cable release and waits for a calm day, I shot under "work conditions." I simply lifted my camera, pointed it out the front window, and snapped away.

What the camera saw:

aaz.jpg

Now this is rather boring I suppose. I tried to aim for the car, in fact I know I was pointing at the car when I started the AF. Now the AF Servo is supposed to follow the subject even out of the red square frames. So let's see what we have here. I think I see people in the car. I will enlarge the image to 500% and take a close crop of one of the people. Here is what I have:

aay.jpg

Well now! If you ask me, this is pretty darned good for doing 55mph, with the other guy doing at least 55mph as well, and driving was my priority, I just lifted and shot. The ASA was 500 so that I could get a halfway respectable shutter speed. The lines on her face are from the phone wires.

My conclusion based on this and other images: I may go back to prime lenses!
:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Comments

• Options
    edited July 23, 2005
    Okay one more
    On the way up the hill (I call it my 19 mile driveway) I decided to point the camera into the sunset to see what I would get. Here is what I saw. This is the original unedited image reduced to 20% for ease of viewing.

aba.jpg

I see no flare that the lens is supposed to be know for. Okay now I wanted to zoom in. See that telephone pole? The top left has what looks like a crab with the angle of the parts. Let me zoom in to 200% life size:

abb.jpg

I guess that says it all.
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2005
    Congratulations mate thumb.gif That is a stella lens. Def on my wish list. Sort of lens that you never sell.

Those last few are of my office.

Gus
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    how 'bout some mo' pics? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2005
    Just got back from Blachat and Defcon. Took oodles of pics. (One oodle = both batteries need complete recharging). Will post plenty. The 85/1.2 is a dream. Now I want to trade the 24-70 for a 35/1.4L.

Prime rocks!