Nashville at Night

Numbers GuyNumbers Guy Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited December 26, 2009 in Landscapes
This shot was taken in last month about 15 minutes after sunset. The pedestrian bridge in the foreground really adds to the Nashville skyline. I'm new to Digital Grin, so let me know if you like it and what I can do to improve my technique. Thanks!
741603631_fDX28-XL.jpg
Doug Vaughn
http://www.dougvaughn.com
Canon 5D MKII and more lenses than my wife thinks I can afford.

Comments

• tony0778tony0778 Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2009
    First of all, welcome to Dgrin! You'll find this is a great place for constructive and helpful advise. I really like your night (dusk) shot of Nashville! If fact, I can't identify anything to improve upon! You may want to share the gear used and any post-processing (if any) that you used.

Again, welcome and great job!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    I've never been to Nashville but this photo makes me want to visit. The true mark of a great shot!
  • dvaughndvaughn Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Great photo!
    clap.gif Great shot. I too love the look and feel of this shot and would like to know how and the equipment you shot it with and what if any post processing you may have done. I love the colors of the sky line.
    Never dwell on the past or dread the future, live life in the present, it's better that way.
  • Numbers GuyNumbers Guy Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2009
    The shot was taken with a Canon 5D, right before I purchased my 5D Mark II. The lens was a Canon 24-105mm f/4L zoomed to 28mm at 8.0 aperture if I remember right. The bridge in the foreground is a pedestrian bridge (closed to motor vehicles about 10 years ago), and the shot was taken from the new bridge a couple hundred yards down the river. A little luck provided the perfectly clear sky with a nice yellow glow on the horizon. I had to wait about 20 minutes after sunset for both upper and lower bridge lights to come one and fortunately didn't lose the sky. This is a series of 3 shots at -2, 0, +2 EV with HDR processed in Photomatix. I used very conservative HDR settings to keep it natural, and the only Photoshop post processing was auto-tone, boosting contrast to about 45, and sharpening. Thanks for your kind comments.
    Doug Vaughn
    http://www.dougvaughn.com
    Canon 5D MKII and more lenses than my wife thinks I can afford.
  • dvaughndvaughn Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2009
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info about this shot. I am like you when I do HDR in that I like the HDR effect but try not to go overboard with the adjustments. I haven't had a chance to be anywhere for a shot like this in a while. Maybe soon though.....thumb.gif
    Never dwell on the past or dread the future, live life in the present, it's better that way.