Abandoned

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited December 22, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Ok so I have a thing about abandoned shopping carts, we do seem to have a lot of them round here).

Here are some I found the other day.

Any & all C&C appreciated.

#1 At at playground a mile from the nearest supermarket
744612413_2ASYo-L.jpg

744616045_SczMz-L.jpg

744612956_z2Bo4-L.jpg

#4 In a pedestrian underpass
744613377_iFFiU-L.jpg

744614217_dnXYh-L.jpg

Thanks for looking
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 21, 2009
    You should see Wim Wenders' film, The State of Things. It has an eerie image of an empty shopping cart at the edge of a runway. Cool series. I like #2 and #4 best. thumb.gif
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    You should see Wim Wenders' film, The State of Things. It has an eerie image of an empty shopping cart at the edge of a runway. Cool series. I like #2 and #4 best. thumb.gif

Thanks Richard.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Quzol1Quzol1 Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    Abandoned seems the wrong word...I think waiting might be better? They just lack a guiding hand to move along on their journey. :D Nice set.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Oooh, I missed that one. I love Wim Wender's films.

Funny I can't find that one listed at Flikr. Was it released under more than one name?

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited December 22, 2009
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Oooh, I missed that one. I love Wim Wender's films.

Funny I can't find that one listed at Flikr. Was it released under more than one name?

Don

Hmmm...don't know. It's called Der Stand der Dinge in German and was released in 1982. Great flick.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    Hmmm...don't know. It's called Der Stand der Dinge in German and was released in 1982. Great flick.
    Yeah, I found out that at imdb.com! Yet another great classic that Netflix lacks along with Zabriski Point Michelangelo Antonioni! :(

Sorry to go so OT!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    I don't think abandoned is a good title for this series. The shopping cart looks too new, too shiny. When I think of abandoned things I instantly picture run down, derelict, decrepid, rusty, abused, neglected items.
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography
    edited December 22, 2009
    Quzol1 wrote:
    Abandoned seems the wrong word...I think waiting might be better? They just lack a guiding hand to move along on their journey. :D Nice set.
    Thanks Don. I see what you mean about them waiting.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

edited December 22, 2009
    Kyle D wrote:
    I don't think abandoned is a good title for this series. The shopping cart looks too new, too shiny. When I think of abandoned things I instantly picture run down, derelict, decrepid, rusty, abused, neglected items.

Kyle I can see where your coming from, but I was taking the view that they had been cast away by the people who had used them and brought them to the places they were, much as an abandoned stolen car.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page